Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: Damaged 98 ZX-6R (ATL, GA) Now on Ebay NR!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2484297397
Got a little festive in the GA mtns Monday on a sketchy front tire scheduled to be replaced the following day. Needless to say, took a few runs and it grabbed nicely and then took it in for some extreme peg dragging action. In the middle of a sweeping left turn at full lean the front tire let loose. Low-sided: front upper , brackets, and left fairing need replaced, left clip-on (controls still intact), forks look ok, subframe seems tweaked a bit, left rear set needs to be replaced, seat flew thru bush cover and over cliff. Has a clean title, officer did not report accident due to single vehicle crash without injuries. No road rash, cuts, sprains, or bruises.

See pics here http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286300769 if you do not have access to imagestation pm me and I will email you a photo album from aol.

All decent offers will be considered, must sell within a week. Best offer so far is $1900 and counting.................

·
Professional Loser
319 Posts
damn dude. Are you going to get another bike? Sorry to hear you wrecked it. Did you at least enjoy it while you had it? Oh just to let you know if you don't post a price they will delete your thread. It was in the old rules at least. You may want to do that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Zx6rCon said:
Got a little festive in the GA mtns Monday on a sketchy front tire scheduled to be replaced the following day. Needless to say, took a few runs and it grabbed nicely and then took it in for some extreme peg dragging action. In the middle of a sweeping left turn at full lean the front tire let loose. Low-sided: front upper , brackets, and left fairing need replaced, left clip-on (controls still intact), forks look ok, subframe seems tweaked a bit, left rear set needs to be replaced, seat flew thru bush cover and over cliff. Has a clean title, officer did not report accident due to single vehicle crash without injuries.

See pics here http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286300769 if you do not have access to imagestation pm me and I will email you a photo album from aol.

All decent offers will be considered, must sell within a week.
Damn dude. I know and have ridden that bike. It was my friends. Good thing you are ok. I'm selling my R1 too. Good luck on your sale. I hope that you are alright seems so because you didn't talk much about your injuries.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
definitely gonna get another bike, which is why I wanna sell so quickly. I can get another one a whole lot quicker than I can fix this one an probably end up spending the same amount of money being that I'd have to pay for labor. If I had serious part connects and had the mechanical expertise I'd fix it.

Forgot to mention, I was loving the ride. Took the MSF before taking it out and only put about 600 miles on it. Was about to put my car in storage for the remainder of the summer, lol. It was getting zero play.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Zx6rCon said:
definitely gonna get another bike, which is why I wanna sell so quickly. I can get another one a whole lot quicker than I can fix this one an probably end up spending the same amount of money being that I'd have to pay for labor. If I had serious part connects and had the mechanical expertise I'd fix it.

Forgot to mention, I was loving the ride. Took the MSF before taking it out and only put about 600 miles on it. Was about to put my car in storage for the remainder of the summer, lol. It was getting zero play.
I have an R1 for sale in the FS forum. It is very clean and nice. It handles a lot better than the ninja. I use to have a 99 ninja. Dean had the 98 orange ninja.

·
Professional Loser
319 Posts
I'm almost tempted to buy it back to make a shifter cart out of it. What is the price?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts