Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: 99 Honda CBR900RR, Maryland

This bike is in great shape, I've had it since it was new. has 22k mis. on it. It's never been down or raced. No wheelies, or stunting. The Bike is completely stock except for the Slip-on Two Brothers and tinted windscreen. It has relatively new tires and Runs great.
$5500

Attachments

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
nice bike man, $6k is a bit steep for a 99 with 22k miles man. Good luck.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
any offers??

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ARZX636Ryder said:
That's a pretty high price for a 99 !! Nice bike though.
I think that's been said and you're right it is, so what's your offer?

OFFICER737 said:
any offers??
Yes I will ENTERTAIN :) any offer, I didn't say that I'd accept it, but of cousre I'll entertain it, if you're really interested.

I'm not one of thse people that's going to get pissed at a low ball offer. All I have to do is say "No that's not enough". In fact I respect a low ball offer more. A wise man once told me that "In any negotiation or sale that you're asked to make an offer. If you aren't embarrassed by your first offer, then you're offering too much." and that goes both ways. If you're the seller and you aren't asking for more than you are expecting to get, then you're doing yourself an injustice. Any Item for sale is worth whatever the individual is willing to pay or accept. Value is a very personal thing. It comes down to emotional attachment, motivation, and of course financial status.

So, first of all to comment on a price when you aren't even interested is inappropriate.
If you are interested then a more accurate reply would be "That's a pretty high price for ME, but I would be more comfortable with......." and we would go from there.

·
20,852 Posts
Protus said:
I think that's been said and you're right it is, so what's your offer?

Yes I will ENTERTAIN :) any offer, I didn't say that I'd accept it, but of cousre I'll entertain it, if you're really interested.

I'm not one of thse people that's going to get pissed at a low ball offer. All I have to do is say "No that's not enough". In fact I respect a low ball offer more. A wise man once told me that "In any negotiation or sale that you're asked to make an offer. If you aren't embarrassed by your first offer, then you're offering too much." and that goes both ways. If you're the seller and you aren't asking for more than you are expecting to get, then you're doing yourself an injustice. Any Item for sale is worth whatever the individual is willing to pay or accept. Value is a very personal thing. It comes down to emotional attachment, motivation, and of course financial status.

So, first of all to comment on a price when you aren't even interested is inappropriate.
If you are interested then a more accurate reply would be "That's a pretty high price for ME, but I would be more comfortable with......." and we would go from there.

Good advice bro!! Here's what I got http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1905374#post1905374

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Man I wish I had a use for those things. I'm an former Police Officer here in Baltimore, so I do have an interest in the car and the rifle but, no use for them. I already have 3 cars and now 2 bikes. It gets me nowhere closer to where I'm trying to get, which is getting rid of some of these things. The car looks great though, I looked at that post before and even called a friend of mine to tell him about it, but he didn't want it. Thanks anyway, at a different time this could have been a done deal, but unfortunely not today.
Again thanks for the offer.

·
20,852 Posts
Protus said:
Man I wish I had a use for those things. I'm an former Police Officer here in Baltimore, so I do have an interest in the car and the rifle but, no use for them. I already have 3 cars and now 2 bikes. It gets me nowhere closer to where I'm trying to get, which is getting rid of some of these things. The car looks great though, I looked at that post before and even called a friend of mine to tell him about it, but he didn't want it. Thanks anyway, at a different time this could have been a done deal, but unfortunely not today.
Again thanks for the offer.

No problem! I appreciate you considering it though. You got some nice vehicles there yourself man! Best of luck on selling the bike, it's worth it....saw one today exactly like your's but was put down hard and they wanted $7k for it! If you run across anyone needing the car or rifle let me know...it is negotiable.

·
Registered
401 Posts
No, I'm not interested in it. Like anyone else here, I've got friends who are interested in getting a bike. A friend of mine was looking at a ZX9 and an older GSX-R 750 so I thought I would let him know about your 900RR. Since your entertaining any offers I had no idea what to tell him other than I thought your asking price was high for a 99. Sorry to offend you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
None taken, and your friend if interested can still make an offer that he's comfortable with. But, just to say that the asking price is high get's us nowhere. Good deals very rarely fall into our laps, most often the best deals are created.
With this listing, you have two pieces of information that are helpful.
1. You know that I'm looking for more than $6000
2. I'm willing to consider any offer.
Have you're friend figure out what he wants to spend and offer me less than that and as stated above, we can go from there and with that, at least he has a chance of getting a good deal on a decent bike.
By not even making an offer, he has no chance at all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump for lower asking price. As stated above, I am entertaining all offers. Try me you might get lucky.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can get a couple of 2000 and 2001 929s for $5000 and $5200 with 15k miles or less.

So for a 99 with those miles, $3600....I can sweeten the deal with an AR-15 in spec ops dress if your into guns to knock some additional cash off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts