Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking at upgrading, so I need to sell my 250. It's a 2002 Yellow Ninja 250 with 10,083 miles on odometer. The bike has never been down and is in excellent condition. It runs excellent, the same as the day I bought it. It has always been garaged. Since I bought it I upgraded a few things. The fender has been eliminated. I upgraded the front suspension with progressive springs and a 1/4" spacer (very common upgrade). I upgraded the rear suspension to a ZX6 shock, which is a great improvement over the stock shock. The rear tire has been upgraded to a Metzeler Marathon ME880 (a lot better than stock). The front tire was just recently replaced with a Pirelli Sport Demon (one of the best tires for the bike). The bike came with a headlight modulator installed when I bought it. I put in uni-pod filters and jetted (very common modification). It has a throttle master throttle lock installed on it. I also upgraded the bar ends and grips. The bike has followed a strict maintenance schedule. I changed to synthetic oil at 5,000 miles and every 2500 miles thereafter. I adjusted the valves at 5600 miles. At that time I also oiled parts per the manual and checked torque specs per the manual. I clean and lube the chain every 450 miles. I check the chain tension every 1,000 miles. This bike is a great starter bike. It gets great gas mileage, it's light, and insurance is cheap. I'm asking $2100. Ninja250.net has great information about this bike. Here are some more pictures: pictures Pictures Please email me with any questions or specific pictures you want. [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering if you still have the bike. I'm kinda kicking the idea around and I've heard the 250 and 500 are great starter bikes. I'm also in austin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts