Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS 1998 GSX-600 Katana Blue - SOLD

1998 Katana 600, was my beginners bike, and a great one at that. previous owner laid it down leaving his driveway at about 10mph. minor cosmetic damage done. (rashed left side, small area. some scuffs on the rearview, and the clutch ball was grounded down a little bit.) he said he also dropped the bike (was apparently his beginner bike also) and broke the ball off the brake lever.

i've owned the bike for aprox 8k miles now and it runs good, nothing out of alignment, fires up, no electrical problems, ect. bike is just rolled over the 31k mile mark, but for a katana, this is just breaking it in. i've heard on katanaplanet of kats going to 100k, so long as they were maintained.

bike has new DID X-ring chain, JT sprockets, Metzeler z6 tires (120/70, 150/70), rebuilt front forks, and new rear suspension (all installed aprox 1000-1500 miles ago) new air filter ready to be installed, new plugs w/ less than 1000 miles on them.

fuel petcock leaked at one point in time, doesn't anymore, but the paint does look like water is on the area.

has a yoshi slipon, tinted windscreen, custom passenger seat cover, carbonfiber tank guard and triple tree cover, a custom vynil design the previous owner used to cover up the scuffs on the fairing(no cracks in fairings) a small portion of this vynil became crumpled up so i tookit off because it looked bad, only need a small piece of vynil cut out ot replace this section.

bike also has clear front signals, a fender eliminator kit, and a tinted front windscreen.

included will be all misc parts i have for the bike (stock windscreen, stock turnsignals, misc nuts and bolts, oil for next change. would also include gear, but am selling this bike to move up to another bike so i still need my leathers. but if you need some gear i'd be willing to sell my mesh stuff (JR Pheonix jacket and pants) for half of what i paid for them a few months ago (paid $250 total)

pm me for pictures as they are large.

asking $3000 obo (for reference kbb for the bike is $3400)

also willing to trade(or trade + $) for r6,

located in eastern tn, but have a trailer and am willing to drive 100-150 miles to meet someone

·
Registered
177 Posts
wish this would have been around like 2 months ago when i bought a 98 Kat....I paid a little more than you are asking and mine was stock

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would you be willing to ship the bike as long as the buyer paid all fees and took care of all the arrangements? Very interested but Im in NY so picking it up isnt an option for me. Thanks.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Man, that bike is so pretty... too bad you live so far and my budget for the bike isn't close enough to get it! That is a sweet paint job though, much props.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if it gets up there, i think me and my friends are going to flordia sometime soon, i could ride it down.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
What do you mean if it gets up there??

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Oh, I'm a poor college student, my budget isn't going to get near 3000... sorry though! The bike is beautiful... prolly too pretty for me, since I'm a new rider and will most likely set it down, then not be happy with the scratches/cracks/breaks!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts