Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
center of an asian pop
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling my back protector as well as my BF's T-Pro Forcefield back protector.

This is the soft back protector that is said to protect better than all the hard shell ones on the market.

It is the same as the Joe Rocket Speedmaster which is just the T-Pro back protector that has been re-branded. I find it very comfortable and very breatheable. I don't think it's as well circulated as Dainese or Alpinestar, but some riders such as Colin Edwards also use their products.

TPro Forcefield - Bohn Monza Back Protector - webBikeWorld

Forcefield Motorcycle Armor - webBikeWorld

Reviews

I wore the med for about 4 months of sporadic riding before I bought the women's line. The men's didn't fit me very well. The large has been worn for only about 2 months of very little riding. We decided to buy him a combined chest/back protector, so we're selling this one. My friends wear these back protectors under their one piece leathers and they fit just fine.

They are about $150 brand new.
KurveyGirl - Motorcycle Stuff: Dzus Fasteners, angled valve stems, Vesrah and More

I am asking $100 for the Med and $120 for the Large. We can talk about the shipping depending on where you are located.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What model back/chest protector did your BF get?

Hope it's not the icon?

I would recommend the highvelocitygear.com Juggernaut slimline. It has a fishnet type shirt, over which is attached a chest protector with hard plates, shoulder and elbow armor, Level 2 hard shell back prot., along with zip on/off shoulder blade guards.

All the padding is supposedly 10mm astrosorb (rated around 90J, almost as good as 4-layer TPro Forcefield). It costs $180.

Another option is TPro Forcefield has a chest protector that integrates with the BP. It costs $75.

I think the main complaint with hard shell is that they cause the leather to wear through quickly. Solution? put a very thin layer of foam in the built in BP pocket?

·
center of an asian pop
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he already has the forcefield chest protector (an anniversary present from me)
but he just dislike that they're in two completely separate pieces...

i'm not quite sure what he's going to get yet. We're still arguing about it :)

and no, it's not icon. We don't do icon gear...

·
Registered
8 Posts
You should both take a look at the juggernaut, it might be just what he's looking for. They have lifetime half price replacement, so if it's ruined in a crash, you can get a new one for $90 instead of $180.

I might get one myself, if I coninue riding

1 - 4 of 4 Posts