Sport Bikes banner

Fry fuel: McDonald’s franchisee runs cars on it

460 views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  kevinwilly 
Hydrogen is a great fuel. It's main problem is storing it. See that white vapor pouring out of the shuttle before launch? Thats oxygen and hydrogen. Its near impossible to store Hydrogen in any decent quanity without it being in liquid form. Keeping it liquid requires about 40,000 psi pressure so the storage container would weigh twice that of the car itself.

Running a engine on water is the way to go, you have the perfect fuel right there. 1 molecuele hydrogen 2 oxygen mix the two and woah!!! Perfect clean combustion (very explosive)

On the shuttle they cannot afford the tons of extra weight so they store Oxy and Hydrogen in liquid form but allow it to "boil" once in space its cold enough that it will no longer boil and venting isnt needed.

btw water engines have been around since the late 1800's. Thank the greedy oil shitheads from letting us have perfect clean propulsion. :upyours

AnKleBiTer said:
I hate to refer back to the dang show again but when I watched all they did was run the french fry oil through a filter prior to putting it in the car. They used a mercedes benz. It was totally cool. I'd love to be able to do something like that. I wonder what kind of fumes come from that.

Ankle, diesals will run on any form of oil as long as its free from solids or water. If it can be injected into the cylinders it will run.

AnKleBiTer said:
AH so...well Obviously this is NOT my area of expertise. I still find it completely fascinating. I really need to do some major reading and bone up on engines. Engines remind me so much of the human body and both are equally interesting!! :cheers

The military has had "multi fuel" engines for 60+ years at least.

You'd be suprised how similar engines are to the human body.... just built using differing materials. They both have intake, fuel and waste output, temp control cooling yada yada... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.