Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on a ZX7 (01)

Got new ruber for her....Rear tire came off fine...no problems...
She'e sitting on a pair of Handy bike stands front and rear...I removed all for hex nuts in front. The plug wrench from tool kit fits right side (as you look at front wheel) and I can spin the axel fairly easy.....scared to try and tap it through....some help please....whats next step?

(Working on Dirt Bikes is so much easier!!!!!!!!!)

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
Did you loosen the main axle collar on the left side of the bike. The axle is threaded and screws in the collar on the left side. Once that is loose, tap the axle out to the right and pull the wheel off..

Left and right as you sit on the bike...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope.....what do I need to keep the left (as u look at the bike) side of the axel from spinning.....the right side I can use the spark plug puller...

And as I understand your reply...there are two parts in there that have to be unscrewed from each other and the axel will pull out to the large side? Or left side, if you were sitting in front of the bike looking straight at the headlights?

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
download this. it will help you out a lot

http://www.themotorhead.com/downloads/KawasakiZX-7R-ServiceManual-(96-03)(PW=motocd).pdf

the pass word is motocd

Taken from the main list here
http://www.themotorhead.com/downloads/

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
Whtrino said:
Nope.....what do I need to keep the left (as u look at the bike) side of the axel from spinning.....the right side I can use the spark plug puller...

And as I understand your reply...there are two parts in there that have to be unscrewed from each other and the axel will pull out to the large side? Or left side, if you were sitting in front of the bike looking straight at the headlights?

Tighten the axle pinch bolts back down on one side then loosen the collar with the sparkplug wrench. Unscrew it and loosen the pinch bolts again and slide out the axle. Pay attention to any spacers,etc...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts