Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, new to this board, and just picked up my new '04 750 a couple weeks back.

My question is, has anyone experienced a front tire problem with the Dunlop D218's? My bike has a slight wobble at higher speeds, and I thought it was an imbalance of the rim/tire. I heard another local person had the same problem, and it ended up being a faulty front tire, which was replaced under warranty. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, but I don't even know which tires the US models come with. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I would guess that the front tire might be unbalanced, or maybe its the stearing head bearings. You might want to check out gixxer.com they might have some info. there.

On another note welcome aboard.

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
I've seen instances where the rear tire was the problem. An incorrectly balanced or faulty rear can make the front end wabble at higher speeds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently, this is a problem that has occurred before. A friend that also bought the 04 had the same thing, and it was attributed to a faulty front tire, either a bad batch or a bad profile. The front tire is being replaced under warranty, but I think I'll replace both tires with diablos soon anyhow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts