Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,684 Posts
2002 Busa SE said:
anyone have a pic of how to properly run a front strap..

I have mine strapped over the tank flange just below* the tank flange bolts. The tightening strap is in a position for a smooth upward pull.

I can provide a pic...........Do you still require one?

*The ZX6 is below the tank flange bolts. Room is extremely limited. The Buse should accomodate more room.

· Registered
1,684 Posts
2002 Busa SE said:
pics are cool, I though or was told to run it around the lower fork "tripple" down to the caliper..
Due to the length of the straps............That would leave SO MUCH left-over strap that it would become a rider safety concern. Nah for us!!!

Ours are installed over the frame, behind the frame neck and below the tank flange bolts. I'll have to search my archives to post that/those pics!

Late!

· Registered
1,684 Posts
Ouch on the routing of the straps! I see a brake line PINCH issue on that gixer. Besides the twisting of the straps. In the beginning, ours looked like that. The way we have it now is better and neater for us.

Busa SE, sorry about the pic(s). I will have to retake them.

Our install allows the straps to run adjacent and parallel to the fork legs from the caliper mount up. All brake lines and wiring are out of the way from pinch or strap tightening issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.