Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Drag Race Superstar
Joined
·
63 Posts
2002 Busa SE said:
anyone have a pic of how to properly run a front strap..
I don't have pics of mine but just run it over the neck of your frame. If you have room do it in front of the gas tank. If not then unbolt the front of the gas tank and run it under like I did. The ends mount to the top brake caliper bolts on either side. I think I had to stack some washers out on my 600 to space it out away far enough from my forks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,689 Posts
2002 Busa SE said:
anyone have a pic of how to properly run a front strap..

I have mine strapped over the tank flange just below* the tank flange bolts. The tightening strap is in a position for a smooth upward pull.

I can provide a pic...........Do you still require one?


*The ZX6 is below the tank flange bolts. Room is extremely limited. The Buse should accomodate more room.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,689 Posts
2002 Busa SE said:
pics are cool, I though or was told to run it around the lower fork "tripple" down to the caliper..
Due to the length of the straps............That would leave SO MUCH left-over strap that it would become a rider safety concern. Nah for us!!!

Ours are installed over the frame, behind the frame neck and below the tank flange bolts. I'll have to search my archives to post that/those pics!


Late!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
cut the extra length out, the way you say doesnt it affect your steering. Id feel more safe just with it on the forks, cut any extra length off and if needed secure the ends so they dont fly around. It might not be a 1 man job but I could always do it while its on the trailer and the forks are compressed already. How does it feel strapped, you leave a few inches so it could compress if needed ( dip in track)

I need 2-3 tenths, I already have 5 gals of VP ultra 4 oxygenated fuel--87 octane, and Might take the stock air cleaner out since the baffles are out of the pipes for a little better flow. Any ideas to get me into the 9's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
2002 Busa SE said:
cut the extra length out, the way you say doesnt it affect your steering. Id feel more safe just with it on the forks, cut any extra length off and if needed secure the ends so they dont fly around. It might not be a 1 man job but I could always do it while its on the trailer and the forks are compressed already. How does it feel strapped, you leave a few inches so it could compress if needed ( dip in track)

I need 2-3 tenths, I already have 5 gals of VP ultra 4 oxygenated fuel--87 octane, and Might take the stock air cleaner out since the baffles are out of the pipes for a little better flow. Any ideas to get me into the 9's

i just drive the bike with one hand on the brake the other on the strap and compress the forks with the brakes, then tie off the excess with the string pictured on my triple tree
i used to have to ride to the track. it doable but it handles like crap.

piece of advice: (that i was given by someone who is a lot better than me, some time ago) don't worry so much about extreme power mods. at first just learn to slip the clutch and make good reaction and 60' times. he told me just lower the bike, put a little gearing on it., and throw a pipe on if you want.

the more seat time the better.
wear your gear
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was getting 1.7 60', so strapped Im hoping for 1.5-1.6, that alone will drop my time by 2/10's. your pics look good, thanks. I dont plan on modding the bike out, the gas is free HP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,689 Posts
Ouch on the routing of the straps! I see a brake line PINCH issue on that gixer. Besides the twisting of the straps. In the beginning, ours looked like that. The way we have it now is better and neater for us.

Busa SE, sorry about the pic(s). I will have to retake them.

Our install allows the straps to run adjacent and parallel to the fork legs from the caliper mount up. All brake lines and wiring are out of the way from pinch or strap tightening issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Jammin_Johnny said:
Ouch on the routing of the straps! I see a brake line PINCH issue on that gixer. Besides the twisting of the straps. In the beginning, ours looked like that. The way we have it now is better and neater for us.

Busa SE, sorry about the pic(s). I will have to retake them.

Our install allows the straps to run adjacent and parallel to the fork legs from the caliper mount up. All brake lines and wiring are out of the way from pinch or strap tightening issues.
i know i got the parts to change the routing to over the frame ( damn radial calipers)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,689 Posts
2002 Busa SE said:
I have enough room on the busa to do about anything. Im heading to PINGEL after work to see what they have.
I would install it over the frame between the races (cup) and the tank flange bolts if you have plenty of room.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will after work, it works awesome, If Im going down the road at 40, I can give it some gas and instead of pulling the front it spins the rear tire, should work nice on the track! ( and No i dont ride with it strapped, just out trying it out.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Why do people use straps? I don't know anything about dragracing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ill answer that..look at this small vid, I have the strap on but not even fully down, I can roll on the gas and the front will stay down...click on HAYABUSA TEST VID, http://02busa.tripod.com might have to right click save as, its very small but the server is slow.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top