Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a ride up the canyons today and the nut fell off my front sprocket and the chain fell off... does anyone know the size nut I need to fit? I have a hose tightener on there right now , but I dont know how safe that is..

I went to auto zone and bought a 18 mm but the threading isn't course enough, it's to spread apart.. the threading on the bolt is very fine...

Please, I need help. ... I really dont want to go to the damm shop tomorrow and have them rape me again for more of my $$...

btw it's a 99 model.. thanks

·
KingPin
41 Posts
suck it up and go to your yamaha dealer and order the correct nut and lock washer.
nut p/n 90179-18020-00
wash p/n 90215-21022-00
I'm not a yamaha dealer but if you want, I can still order and ship them for you.

dano
847-362-7110w
847-833-8418c

btw don't ride your bike with a hose clamp on the output shaft.....

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
right on thanks.. that's easy enough =)

Yah I actually got really lucky , right when the chain fell off this harley guy stopped and had a buddy (that happened to be a bike painter) just down the road (and this was way up in the mountains - houses only every couple miles) so he cruised down there and got me the hose clamp.. he even brought some nuts back but none fit.. but anyways I had to ride the bike about 40 miles back down the hills with the hose clamp.. not too much fun.. if that chain snapped and went into my rear wheel or somethin....

I'll just go to the yammy dealership tomorrow.. thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts