Sport Bikes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dose enyone know can front forks of FZ1 fit on FZ6, because I ride with my bike on race tracks and I want tu adjust them but on FZ6 they cant be adjust, but on FZ1 they can.
So enyone with some sugestions?

Sorry for my bad english writing :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
As far as I know the FZ6 forks come from the FZ1, but without the preload and dampening adjustments (and the better brakes!).

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
mxtr said:
As far as I know the FZ6 forks come from the FZ1, but without the preload and dampening adjustments (and the better brakes!).
I have wondered if you could just order the "missing" FZ1 parts that give you the adjustability and install them on an FZ6?

·
Registered
205 Posts
rennsport said:
I have wondered if you could just order the "missing" FZ1 parts that give you the adjustability and install them on an FZ6?
Although they both share the same width (43mm) that is where the similarity ends.
You would need to replace the whole front end, which isn't that difficult, to include the forks the brake calipers and the upper triple clamp as the forks mount different at the top.

If you can find one in a wreckers that has a good front end then it may be worthwhile.

It is also possible to swap from many other donor bikes tha have 43mm fork stanchions and 5-6 inches of travel.

I transplanted a YZF600R front end onto my 1986 FJ1200. complete with brakes.

I am waiting for the Racetech gold valves and springs and the Ohlins rear to arrive.

Skippy

·
Registered
193 Posts
the racetch valves be the better way to go. Would the valves they have for the R6 or FZ1 work on our application

·
Registered
205 Posts
Cavi said:
the racetch valves be the better way to go. Would the valves they have for the R6 or FZ1 work on our application
Unfortunately no, both have completely different internals, they are working on a solution as we speak though.

The R6 forks have 4 inches less travel than the FZ6 and 11 inches less than the FZ1.

Skippy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Although they both share the same width (43mm) that is where the similarity ends.
You would need to replace the whole front end, which isn't that difficult, to include the forks the brake calipers and the upper triple clamp as the forks mount different at the top.

If you can find one in a wreckers that has a good front end then it may be worthwhile.

It is also possible to swap from many other donor bikes tha have 43mm fork stanchions and 5-6 inches of travel.

I transplanted a YZF600R front end onto my 1986 FJ1200. complete with brakes.

I am waiting for the Racetech gold valves and springs and the Ohlins rear to arrive.

Skippy
So, I'm wondering: Has anyone (that we know of) replaced the stock FZ6 frontend with one from a FZ1? And, how would that turn out? Would the stock FZ6 fairing still fit? Or, should one use the stock FZ1 fairing? Personally, I think that it would be time to do a FZ1N conversion, yes? Also, how important might it be to worry about balancing the front and rear suspenion for travel, stiffness, and braking ability? Maybe someone with an FZ1N would want to trade front ends with me? Hey I can dream.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Unfortunately no, both have completely different internals, they are working on a solution as we speak though.

The R6 forks have 4 inches less travel than the FZ6 and 11 inches less than the FZ1.

Skippy
What???

LOL, where the hell did you hear that? Because it is wrong...

To the OP, 2003-2004 R6 and 2006+ R6S forks are a direct swap with the FZ6 with the addition of a few shim washers and a fender mount. There are plenty of posts about it, I'd say there are at least a dozen people on this board who have done the mod, me included.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
its funny reading this old thread, so much BS in it!! ......11" less travel....riiiight :lao

1 - 11 of 11 Posts