Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully mounted a set of front replacement flush mount signals? I know Comp Werkes suggests a set of short stalks to match the rears (in their FE kit) due to the curvature of the front fairing, but I would prefer actual flush mounts. Do the kits made for the R6/R1 or FZ-1 work on the FZ-6?

Anyone consider/try black neoprene or foam under the signal to try to get a tighter fit to the fairing?

Just curious as the fronts REALLY stand out after installing the fender elim kit.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
I thought somebody on here had flushmounts installed, but I can't find the link. Help me out guy's.

I definetly would get the front signals replaced if you are replacing the rears, they will stand out pretty bad if you don't. Here is a picture of the difference in size between the front LP signals I got from CW, and the stock signals.

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
I hate hangy offy things!

I looke all over for flush mounts and didn't like any of them. Have you thought of the "eyebrow" alternative.

Ohh, is that a cop car across the street from you in your pic? Maybe you're concerned about legality in the conversion department (hehehehe)

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Where you plugged the holes looks very clean. What did you use to do that?

Visibility of the signals still seems pretty good (looking at your picture). I'd be surprised if an officer could even tell that was a modification, given the strange light configurations on cars and motorcycles nowadays. I still have people all the time telling me my headlight is out, but I've never been pulled over because of it...

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Epee said:
I looke all over for flush mounts and didn't like any of them. Have you thought of the "eyebrow" alternative.

Ohh, is that a cop car across the street from you in your pic? Maybe you're concerned about legality in the conversion department (hehehehe)

I persoanlly wasn't looking for Flush mounts, just trying to help FZ6_Rider out. I like prefer the small short stalk LPs I got from CW.

Yeah, at my place down in Florida, I had two sheriff's that lived in my building and then a State Highway Patrol that lived in the building behind me. Neither one of them gave me any problems. It was actually nice having them there, didn't have to worry about my shit getting stolen.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Epee said:
What did you use to fill up your original stalk hole? Looks like you have a bit of black plastic of some sort cut to size. Curious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts