Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made the jump, the little CBR250 traded in yesterday on a 06 GSXR600 with only 3700 miles on it. First mod coming soon, going to put on helibars and that is it. The bike is totally stock and that's the way its going to stay. I wouldn't take a aftermarket pipe for free, its plenty loud as is.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice bike, man. She looks very clean. And very low miles, too.

I know you said no mods, but surely you mean no mods besides a fender eliminator... right?
Nope, not going to do the fender eliminator, sounds strange I think it looks better with a fender on it.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Great looking bike, poor thing has never seen a corner.

That fender eliminator helps keep the mud off your back if you ride in the rain.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, those chicken stripes might not go away anytime soon. It is a lot more easier cornering on a 250 that's not joke. I got this 600 mainly for a better freeway ride, the little CBR250 was very loud and not aerodynamic, it had a rather flat windscreen that was terrible with wind noise. Took something 3 to 4 hrs labor to change it because you had to take away almost the whole front end to change the screen. Crazy.

Just looked up my 06 GSX weight, its 438lbs. Damm that's not light, so I went up 79 pds in weight no wonder I had to work much harder in the corners.

This 600's motor is really sweet, no vibes anywhere in the bars, pegs. Thank God, vibes are my pet peeve with bikes. And styling I think the 06-07 angular looks are the best in the Gsxr line. It currently has Battlax BT014 tires, which don't feel that great compared to the Pirelli Rosso II that was on the CBR, the Rosso II are much more improved, so much feedback and softer feel.

·
Are we not men?
9,017 Posts
7 years old and only 3700 miles?! Damn, that bike was never ridden.

Looks nice, enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Intersting choice for a comfortable highway bike, but a great bike nontheless. You're going to cry at the mileage compared to your 250 :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Intersting choice for a comfortable highway bike, but a great bike nontheless. You're going to cry at the mileage compared to your 250 :)

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade. Bike looks very nice and barely used!

I did chuckle on the "No mods...." part. I think that's what damn near EVERYONE says when they get thier first nice bike. :)

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
...Just looked up my 06 GSX weight, its 438lbs. Damm that's not light, so I went up 79 pds in weight no wonder I had to work much harder in the corners.
My Buell was only 413 at the end of the ASRA races last year. :p

My guess is that it has more to do with all of that extra rotating mass.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I replaced the 7 year old Battlax BT014 today, those tires had were stiff as can be, probably due to the age and not the actual tire itself. Replaced it with good old Pilot Powers and man welcome to soft and tires with feedback.
I think the Pilot Powers are better than Pirelli Rosso II, turns in are faster.

I wanted Pilot Road 3s for longer wear but didn't want to cough up another 100 bucks for them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts