Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So before I could get my bike up here from Huntington beach, one of my roomates decided they wanted to see what the big deal about riding a sportbike was all about.... I have Shogun no cut sliders so even if he did lay it down the worst he would have to do would be replace the damged sliders... Well either I installed the frame sliders wrong or the Shoguns just plain suck becuase my roomate laid it down going around a corner at about 20 mph and the slider completely sheared off and I got to see my 6 month old bike get all scratched up....

1. your bike is like your girlfriend - never let your friends take her for a ride...
2. never count on shogun sliders - they suck or I installed them wrong or something... you look at the pics and tell me what you think....

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
That Sux I Tell Everybody I Know That My Bike Is Like My Wife Look At It You Want Tell Me How Good It Looks Even ! Touch It Ill Break Your Wrist's ! Ride It And I Will Kill U !

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I would say......crash cage. the sliders did their job our you would have a destroyed fairing instead of a scuffed fairing

·
Registered
842 Posts
looks like your radiator is in nice shape. i think those sliders did their job! dont trust sliders to not break, they are made to break. your tank get scratched?

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Someone has a quote in their siginature on here that says something like "never loan your girl or your bike to anyone, they could throw a rod in either of them". As for the sliders I am not sure what they make the bolts out of for the Shoguns. I have Motovation frame sliders and wrecked my 06 GSXR 600 a few weeks back at about 35 mph and just ground the slider down and bent a brake lever <check the pics>

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dude, I don't mean to make you feel bad, but when I left my bike in LV to go home for Christmas break, I rode it into my room and wrapped a chain through the rear wheel to keep my roommate from riding it.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
Someone has a quote in their siginature on here that says something like "never loan your girl or your bike to anyone, they could throw a rod in either of them". As for the sliders I am not sure what they make the bolts out of for the Shoguns. I have Motovation frame sliders and wrecked my 06 GSXR 600 a few weeks back at about 35 mph and just ground the slider down and bent a brake lever <check the pics>
are these motovation frame sliders the no modification ones? i installed those on our GSXR 600 and everyone tells me the no modification ones suck, not that i really care what they say anyway.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The fairing damage does suck, but it could have been way worse. I say replace the pucks and use a grade 10 or higher bolt to bolt the puck down.

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
Frame sliders aren't magic - they will help in a crash, but you can't rely on them to take all the damage

If you want that, buy a stunter cage

you are a member here. what did you expect letting a noob ride a SS bike? How many times has it been said??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts