Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man...dam thieves man....my friend who works with me had a Honda CBR 954RR, 2003.....he visited Durham this past weekend and left his bike back in Wilmington....he's a brave guy, he leaves his bike outside his apartment....this morning when he came back to his apartment he found that it wasn't there.....I guess some ppl would say its dangerous to leave it outside, but there are a lot of ppl around where he lives....it just sucks to see your hard earned money go so easily like that...lucikly he has comp on it, but this is his second bike that has been stolen and his spirits are kind of down, he said its just not worth havin a bike unless u have a garage....if anyone sees a Silver Honda CBR 954 RR on the choppin block or around, please let me know....it has a modified wind screen and also has a small luggage rack on the back....

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Damn bro....sorry to see that....has he considering storing it in a storage place when he isn't riding it, or know a bud with a garage he can borrow or rent?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. I know I worry about my bike even when it is in the garage. I have been trying to add anti-theft (comprehensive) with Geico but they will not insure a Liter-bike with other than just liability. Anyone know other insurance companies that will provide full coverage?

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
NiCd said:
Sorry to hear about that. I know I worry about my bike even when it is in the garage. I have been trying to add anti-theft (comprehensive) with Geico but they will not insure a Liter-bike with other than just liability. Anyone know other insurance companies that will provide full coverage?
Have you checked State Farm bro? I believe they do but not positive.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sorry bout that Bro... i got a buddy who lives in an apartment he puts his bike in the living room every night through the slider in the back. but not everyone has that option.

·
Pro Bike Theft Victim
1,088 Posts
i had 2 stolen from me in a year and a half ! that sucks!

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
i've had 2 stolen so far... first one when i went to vegas for thanksgiving and last year 2 days before christmas....
thieves deserve to have their hands chopped off like they used to do in the old days...

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
man this gets me kinda worried. I leave mine out in the apt. complex under a cover. Everyday I come home hoping its still there. I just really hope that no one really wants a 500 anyways. Doesn't really look nifty and its 10 years old wait 11 years old. So I hope that will deter the thieves.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey man,
that's really tough for your buddy, trust me I know! (just happened to me). +1 on state farm, i've had them for 3 years for auto and renters, (and recently motorcycle) they will give you any amount of coverage and at pretty decent rates. (btw my record is NOT spottless :fiddy ) hope your friend doesn't get to discouraged!
~Twisty

·
All red all the time...
3,489 Posts
sorry to hear that man...
although my bike is unlikely to be a target of theft (*crossing fingers*), but besides decent storage and/or anti-theft coverage, is there any other way to protect your bike? I live in an apt complex also. Had my car broken in once. I'll be moving to a house soon, but my house does not have a closed storage, just a car port.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts