Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
HighBimminR6 said:
I have figured out how to modify the stock Vstacks so they work similar to the aftermarket Vstacks sold for $100. The cost is nothing. Check out the detailed how-to at http://www.HighBimmin.com/Install/Vstacks.htm .
All you need to do now is put the bike on a dyno and run the stock v-stacks, then the aftermarket vstacks, then the modified stock vstacks all on the same day, same dyno and see the results!

Great inginuity (sp) though, and thats a good write up w/ pictures!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Kick ass! Dyno #'s would be quite interesting to see!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As the air exits the airbox it has to go through 4 holes into the engine. Stock there are 4 Vstacks that are very tall and make the air work to get in. By eliminating the height, the air can go directly into the engine. Aftermarket Vstacks claim an addition of 1-5hp.

I dont plan on getting on a dyno. Maybe someone that has some time and cash to blow can do it. I am waiting for some people to let me know what kind of difference they feel.

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
Velocity Stacks. They are radiused cones used to increase the velocity of intake air. They work by taking a larger volume of air and pulling it through a smaller hole, increasing air speed. They've been around on race cars for 75 years.

I've always been intrigued by these stubby velocity stacks. I can't think of any reason why the'd work better, and it's easy to understand why they might not work as well. Any help?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts