Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to lookup a cell phone number, something like a reverse lookup? I searched online and they want to charge like $85! I am looking for something for free :nerd

·
Registered
556 Posts
I know of reverse look-ups for landline phones, but have yet to find one that does cell phones.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Ya me too. My niece was raped by a guy that called her cell when she was taking a walk and said he was waiting for her with 2 of her friends and she's none the wiser hell it's a block from my Mom's house and this black guy with a whip, grabs her takes her into the back of the park and does his thing.
Geezus she's 15 years old and a special ed student! Dam cops said they can't do a thing. I checked the cell records but the call he made was blocked. Supposedly you cannot find a blocked number. I'd sure like to though... :( :(

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
OEM said:
Anyone know where to lookup a cell phone number, something like a reverse lookup? I searched online and they want to charge like $85! I am looking for something for free :nerd

Yes, they charge for this service so the phone company has info on a "responsible party" or "requesting party" and info on the "user" or "subscriber". There will be a charge regardless. This is done so people do not commit crimes against others............Like stalkers and other premeditated crimes. Just FYI.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Banned
101 Posts
There is, a free one at that, but it will only tell you the origin city, for you can only enter the area code and first three numbers. It's on my home PC, I'll post up when I find it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, I was able to find the cell phone company and city, but thats it. I tried calling these numbers that keep appearing on my cell and they just ring and ring. Would love to know who it is, no ex-girlfriends I hope!

Sorry to hear about the rape. I personally think we have a right to know if someone is harrasing us with calls.

Oh well, thanks for the info.

·
Banned
101 Posts
OEM said:
Ya, I was able to find the cell phone company and city, but thats it. I tried calling these numbers that keep appearing on my cell and they just ring and ring. Would love to know who it is, no ex-girlfriends I hope!

Sorry to hear about the rape. I personally think we have a right to know if someone is harrasing us with calls.

Oh well, thanks for the info.
Just a thought, have someone else call. Maybe they see your number on their called i.d..... :dunno:

·
Banned
101 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:
Supposedly you cannot find a blocked number. I'd sure like to though... :( :(
That's BS, somewhere, that number is logged. You may need some sort of subpoena, but it sure as heck exists.

·
Registered
556 Posts
If she reported it to the police, and the DA's office is brought in, they can definately get the information from the phone company.

I'm assuming the rape was reported, right?

Sorry to hear about your niece. Been there, done that, know how badly it sucks. Hunt the guy down, string him up by fishing line tied to his balls.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Beanhead said:
That's BS, somewhere, that number is logged. You may need some sort of subpoena, but it sure as heck exists.
+1 it has to exist somewhere... I remember a friend of mine was getting all kinds of blocked calls all the time at crazy hours of the night and she thought it was an ex-boyfriend and she opened report with the police and they were able to work with the phone company and track down the number calling her.... turns out it was one of her crazy stalker friends (weird it was a girl stalking her) ...... but the police and the phone company were able to track down the number... and I'm pretty sure the calls were blocked if memory servers correctly.... but I guess they could have been "unknown number" calls...... but I'm almost sure they were blocked numbers....

·
Banned
4,236 Posts
I Had Access To Cell Phone Records When I Was Doing Bail Enforcement. Its A 1-800 Number You Call And They Will Give You All The Dirt. I Lost My Access Code When My Permit Expired. Get With A Bounty Hunter Or PI Agent N See If They Will Do It For A Dub. It Costs Them Nothing.

·
Thread killer
896 Posts
best bet is to have somebody else call it.

or, one trick i figured out is if they have cingular (well, AT&T now), you can call the voicemail number and it gives you one of two options: to either leave a message for a person or retrieve your voicemails. if you choose to leave a voicemail, you punch in the number (all ten digits) and it'll bring up their voicemail message. if you choose to check your voicemail, you type in the number and it'll play their name recording before asking for the password.

to get to their voicemail system, use the area code + prefix of the number + the numbers that spell MAIL (6245)

ie...
area code is 555
prefix is 759

then their voicemail number would be: 555-759-6245

1 - 14 of 14 Posts