Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fred or admins, I had to reregister today. How do I get my photo's I have posted linked back to my name????

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I've got the same issue. I can't "edit" the original photos and move them to my member gallery. Can't delete the old photos because the board doesn't recognize me as the owner of them, as I am only the owner by name, not by UserID number.

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Yes I am aware of this issue.. Well either I restart it 100% so all pics are missed.. or it just doesnt point right.. photopost follows user ID numbers.. not usernames.. Blah

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Isn't there some way on the backend to redirect the old member number to the new member number?

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
At this time there is not. I am still looking into trying to move it or something.. but so far the only thing I can do is restart it which would be a big bummer

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
It's conceivable you could manually edit the database and change all the old userID values to new userID values, but I have to contend that would be a major pain in the ass and take an incredibly long time. Unless the folks at vBulletin have some automated script that can parse out UserNames and reassigned photo userID values based on them, I'd say you're best off just deleting all the old ones. Any automated script would be highly dependent on the fact that when people re-registered they choose the exact same username this time around, which is not going to be the case everywhere.

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Thats where the problem lies.. editing everyones user id's to match the old database.. i think just reuploading the pictures and just dupe it would work fine.. i dont care if there are dupes.. hard drive space is cheap :)

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
CasterTroy said:
OR.....we could just be grateful SBN is still up and running period and suck it up
Not everyone is placated by "well, it's running" as an adequate response to issues or acceptable operating environments. Well, the Earth is still spinning, we're all still breathing oxygen, and we should be grateful we get to pay more taxes so we should just suck everything else in the world up.

Right?

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
And, if Fred wasn't dedicated enough with his life inside the little box on a desk, massaging the website and keeping the database happy - we'd not have any little anal-free zone. If he were as complacent as say...you, the site wouldn't exist. Just think if Fred spent more time with his life outside his little box on the desk, you wouldn't have a stomping ground. I mean, honestly, do you think you're one to be preaching about lives outside of boxes on a desk when your post count was as high as it was?

No, seriously.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts