Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that some people like them and that others don't. My brother said that he would rather have had them on when he dumped his duck. I also heard that they can cause some massive frame damage.

I'm just looking for a little input on this.

Tnanks.
brad

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Frame sliders are great...In the unfortunate event that you dump the bike for whatever reason, they can save the plastics and case covers in MOST cases...

I've never heard of them damaging the frame, because they mount to holes that are pre-drilled...

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I know alot of ppl that have um, and I've seen alot of ppl dump their bikes that have um, and I have to tell you, they didnt do squat! Their plastic still got ground down. I don't know, at low speeds, they may work. Most ppl I've known lowside at higher speeds tho, so what I've seen, they didn't work.

·
Gordon
124 Posts
sliders are good

I think sliders are good...They offer protection by sacrificing themselves.
If your crashing hard enough to cause frame damage, you would most likely
damage engine, forks, brakes, etc.... :eek:

·
Registered
173 Posts
my sliders came in handy at the track last month...saved my plastics from gettting really fucked but they still got scratched to hell...i think that if you crash hard enough to mess up your frame because of your sliders you should jus be happy that you are alive...sliders are the most useful at low speeds or if you jus drop your bike by accident...my buddy got them and the next week he stepped in some gravel while parking and lost his footing dropped his shit and not a scratch on it...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Well just like the name, they are frame sliders. Made to protect the frame and the bikes that I have seen that went down and had them on didnt have any frame damage. Some are lucky enough that their plastics will get minor scratches, but that's not a gaurantee and they aren't even there for that.

·
Registered
584 Posts
nobody even makes them for my bike :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Frame sliders are great. If you drop your bike you can prevent a bunch of damage and $$$$$ to repair it. I made use of mine not too long ago when a closing underground garage door caused me to drop my bike. I had no damage to the fairings. I just had to replace a broken right mirror. :mad: But could have been a lot worse.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I purchased some frame sliders.....good investment for the future I guess

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
I crashed at 70 mph and the sliders saved me a few hundred bucks

·
Registered
912 Posts
If you get metal sliders they can break your engine mounts, if you hit them hard enough.

·
Registered
14 Posts
get real frame sliders, not chrome or other metal ones. They are designed to ground down and take impact, which metal does not do, i have sliders and luckily dont know if they work yet. The only time i heard of frame damage was from chrome or other metal-type slider that just transfer the impact to the frame

1 - 12 of 12 Posts