Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just got my motivation frame sliders in... Anyone have a clue as to what the torque specs are on the bolts? and should I use some loctite? Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
117 Posts
40 ft/lb of torque on the bolts. I just installed my Intuitive sliders. It probably would not hurt to lock-tite but when you take out the original bolts, you will notice that there was not lock-tite used at the factory.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Cavi said:
I was shocked when I installed my lower cowl and none of the motor bolts had loctite.
Think about where the tortional load is on those bolts, the engine is hanging down on them.
They are not about to twist out with about 120lbs of motor hanging on them.

I for one am glad there was no loctite as it would have been darn near impossible to get them undone with an allen wrench.

Skippy

·
Registered
117 Posts
Good point. As for taking out the bolts, you should invest in an allen socket set. It enables you to use hex keys with your 3/8 or 1/4 inch ratchet. Makes removing the allen head bolts a snap and allows you to use your torque wrench to properly tighten them down. I picked up an entire metric set at Auto Zone for less then 20 dollars. If you are going to do the maintenance on your bike yourself, you should invest in a T-handle set of hex wrenches also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts