Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so its been month and half now i got my bike otuta the show ffinally, was suposed to get frame polished and new sprockets and shit. there all good, my question is... is it okay to polish the welds on the frame?? like where the motor mount is and all that. because the person who polished mine said "i dont wanna hurt the strength of the weld, and as far as i knew it whouldnt because im a welder and welding fuses metal not braces it, but he didnt polish by the motor mounts so when you look at it it looks all shitty like he just straight up forgot to polish some areas
.. so i dont know.. i feel kinda took.. was also supposed to get full tune up, and my choke s till aint working right, and my frotn brake lever is all wobbly, and they didnt even wash the bike...... its still got the same dirt as it did on it when i bought it........

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
dont grind down the welds. you can sand them down a little to make it look better and polish that. the welds should look kinda like a row of pennies when your done.

·
Registered
17 Posts
+1 what jluu6r said, if possibe do not polish them but if you must and want it to blend and not stick out the light because that will weaken the weld...

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay well i can at least just blend it close to the welds, he left like an inch and a half of ugly non polished shit sticking out just where the fairing dosnt cover it up. =( and i was supposed to get a tuneup, the clutch still feels shitty, brake lever wobbles, t he throttle stickin still im like damn this dude took me. i bet he didnt even put new plugs in, and had it for the month and a half.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts