Registered
1,619 Posts
KoLRaNcH said:
It is a repost, doesn't matter. Yah I hate that guy. :pisson

+1 here is one for him :upyours

·
sikk cylinders
1,014 Posts
I posted the same vid in another post. That guy is disgusting! It goes to show how some people take their freedoms for granted. Hannity handed his ass to him and rightfully so! :urowned

·
Fuck Milk!!! Got Pussy?
1,347 Posts
I have never seen this and I got to say That 1st news anchor was the shit.

Someone is gonna kick this guys ass. Looks like he dont know when to shut up and he sounds uninformed.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Thank God Mike Crook and his cronies are a very, very small insignificant minority. Sean Hannity seriously owned that spineless puke of a person.

I liked Hannity's point where Crook wouldn't be able to bash the troops and peddle his bullsh*t if it weren't for the very troops protecting him. Seems like Crook should focus his anger on the government making military decisions, and such; the bulk of Crook's arguement is about the pay structure. Not sure why he's not going after the DOD...?

:ar Crook :mg

·
Registered
656 Posts
Dude is just flat out ignorant and refuses to admit when he is wrong. He doesn't deserve my attention or anyone else's for that matter. Maybe some troops will accidently aim the wrong way...and just happen to put that bad comb-over back the other way.

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
Anotehr chance for Hannity to grandstand.

The guy didn't verbalize his issues very well at all, but to say that fighters are the only reason freedom exists is off-base. While we should never take away from the contribution of soldiers to the implementation of freedom, the will to fight is not a glorious ideal. It shouldn't have ever had to be that way, and it shouldn't have to be that way in the future. I'm sure there are many former soldiers that would agree with the logic of choosing diplomatic contributions over armament after facing the realities of war. Being part of a violent solution doesn't make you an honorable being, it's the giving of the will to sacrifice one's self that is ultimately the position of honor.

I don't think that dude gets that part, and I don't think Hannity gets it either.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
license2ill said:
Anotehr chance for Hannity to grandstand.
How is this an example of granstanding?

The guy didn't verbalize his issues very well at all, but to say that fighters are the only reason freedom exists is off-base.
That's certainly a component in protecting your Constitutional rights, however the other components are not relevant to the "interview".

While we should never take away from the contribution of soldiers to the implementation of freedom, the will to fight is not a glorious ideal. It shouldn't have ever had to be that way, and it shouldn't have to be that way in the future. I'm sure there are many former soldiers that would agree with the logic of choosing diplomatic contributions over armament after facing the realities of war. Being part of a violent solution doesn't make you an honorable being, it's the giving of the will to sacrifice one's self that is ultimately the position of honor.
Not relevant to the issue here. You have some spinless scumbag of an individual who rags on troops, who's basis is on some weird, frayed logic on military payroll. Has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the Bush administration decided to use military force in Iraq, if that's indeed what you're referencing.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
crx81 said:
I'd like to volunteer the services of my booted right foot to get him there.
Yeah. Do we really need to allow that slug of a person to breathe the same air as us? :rolleyes

·
Registered
261 Posts
He's a douschebag.. I respect his right to be a total jackass idiot because of the troops protecting his undeserved freedom, but to lash out at them insted of the guys in DC that pull the strings proves he isn't even halfway intelligent about his own arguements.

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
mikem317 said:
How is this an example of granstanding?

That's certainly a component in protecting your Constitutional rights, however the other components are not relevant to the "interview".

Not relevant to the issue here. You have some spinless scumbag of an individual who rags on troops, who's basis is on some weird, frayed logic on military payroll. Has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the Bush administration decided to use military force in Iraq, if that's indeed what you're referencing.

Giving that guy airtime was simply an oppurtunity to look patriotic in front of the audience in the face of a weak opponent.

The issue for that guy and the basis for his feelings is in the ideas that we need to be wear mongers and feed, house, or glorify people that are part of that system. He is attacking those ideals at the level of the individual fighters, that is all.

The payroll issue is fairly weak, but it comes down to a willingness to support fighting and those that choose to partake in that type of liveliehood. He could just as easily, and probably more successfully gone after the defense contracting industry, congress, and the president, but instead he has looked to the followers, sort of like "little Eichamans" as said by that Colorado professor a few months ago.

Whether you agree with his tactics or not, soldiers should understand that they are a tool for violence, whether they actually go to battle or not, they have given of themselves their violent will towards others that may be doing the same.

·
sikk cylinders
1,014 Posts
license2ill said:
Giving that guy airtime was simply an oppurtunity to look patriotic in front of the audience in the face of a weak opponent.

The issue for that guy and the basis for his feelings is in the ideas that we need to be wear mongers and feed, house, or glorify people that are part of that system. He is attacking those ideals at the level of the individual fighters, that is all.

The payroll issue is fairly weak, but it comes down to a willingness to support fighting and those that choose to partake in that type of liveliehood. He could just as easily, and probably more successfully gone after the defense contracting industry, congress, and the president, but instead he has looked to the followers, sort of like "little Eichamans" as said by that Colorado professor a few months ago.

Whether you agree with his tactics or not, soldiers should understand that they are a tool for violence, whether they actually go to battle or not, they have given of themselves their violent will towards others that may be doing the same.

I understand now. Geez...........how could i be so blind! Thank you for clearing this up for me. How about a hug!

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
I'll put my worhtless 2 cents in...

what a tool.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
license2ill said:

Some people don't have that luxury. There's a lot of middle to lower income families and wannabe student's that can't afford college and life in and of itself. The armed services offers that opportunity to a lot of individuals that would otherwise not have opporutnities afforded to the more affluent (and I'm using that term VERY loosely).

They don't consider themselves a tool for violence. That's a pretty narrow view of what the armed services function is. Somalia, Bosnia, Haiti are some of the more recent humanitarian missions to bring hope and peace to peoples of war-torn and ravaged counties.

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
mikem317 said:
Some people don't have that luxury. There's a lot of middle to lower income families and wannabe student's that can't afford college and life in and of itself. The armed services offers that opportunity to a lot of individuals that would otherwise not have opporutnities afforded to the more affluent (and I'm using that term VERY loosely).

They don't consider themselves a tool for violence. That's a pretty narrow view of what the armed services function is. Somalia, Bosnia, Haiti are some of the more recent humanitarian missions to bring hope and peace to peoples of war-torn and ravaged counties.
Well, there's certainly plenty of humanitarian groups out there waiting for such men to volunteer if that's the issue. Nobody joins the military for strictly humanitarian ideals. As you said, it is an unfortunate outlet for spcific social classes, and that niche is well-maintained through cultural values. That is why the guy's argument is better suited for those in postions of political power. But you have to ask yourself, when you vote for a president that reinforces those norms, and then uses it against you or to your demise, who is responsible? Sure, it's a draft issue atthat point, but the same one's that are now realizing the dream of war, are the same classes that wouldn;t have had it any other way. Just ask them who they voted for and continue to support. They are firm believers in violent tactics and fully back those means in their actions outside of the frontlines, and the leadership knows it more than they do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts