Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
What is it these days???? Here in Mississippi a local news show did the same thing, something to the tune of "Life and Death in the Fastlane". a week before this news segment aired the local paper did the same thing.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
"Durand was riding a type of racing motorcycle that's legal to use on the street. They call them "crotch rockets." They can put any thing on four wheels to shame."

:lol

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
OMG .. hahahaha! what an idiotic story. What I also find funny is that ppl still meet up in St. Louis Park. I haven't been in MN for 2 yrs, and it seems nothing has changed.

·
Registered
199 Posts
todd, what tv station did one here in jackson. I missed it. I saw the thing in the paper, I actually posted something up about it.

I have noticed alot of publicity for bikes lately. which sux, b/c it will never be good publicity

·
Registered
56 Posts
Jtoker13....... it was 16 wapt in Jackson about a group Team 601. In the past year 2 of there riders have been killed, both going well over 130mph on public streets, so most of the stuff was just on that.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It must have been the same thing then. The guy that died recently was my grandmothers best friends grandson. doing 120 in the water works curve

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
jtoker13 said:
I have noticed alot of publicity for bikes lately. which sux, b/c it will never be good publicity
Of course not. It doesn't represent the normal 9-5 working, 2-child having family man that most people still think everybody should aspire to be. Every group that is even in the slightest bit 'extreme' gets bad media. The nice thing is, though, that the general public has a short attention span, and the news will move on and forget we exist in the near future.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hagios said:
Of course not. It doesn't represent the normal 9-5 working, 2-child having family man that most people still think everybody should aspire to be. Every group that is even in the slightest bit 'extreme' gets bad media. The nice thing is, though, that the general public has a short attention span, and the news will move on and forget we exist in the near future.

I dont think it will move on. As long as people are being stupid on public highways and drawing attention to us, the bad publicity will remain.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Pyromaniac said:
"Durand was riding a type of racing motorcycle that's legal to use on the street. They call them "crotch rockets." They can put any thing on four wheels to shame."
Reminds me of everyone I tell about my bike. They always ask, "Is it one of those... those... crotch rockets? That's what THEY call them, right?" Like it's someone kind of secret internal codeword within the community.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Jtoker13...... Yep one guy died in Crystal Springs I believe, looked like a busa head on into a tahoe, died on the scene, the other was a Gixxer I believe minor in downtown Jackson.

Hagios.... I agree, when anyone finds out that I have, not just a motorcycle but a "Crotch Rocket", they just totally freak out, but you are married and have 2 kids what is your problem. I am out of the "Norm" so to speak for most people, My other ride is a Convertable 5.0 Mustang, all of my other married freinds are riding around in Minivans but I just tell them they don't have as cool of a wife as I do, lol. And everyone ASS'umes that it's me burning up the highways and byways at over 150mph.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
II get the you shouldnt ride one of those bikes. You should get a Harley you have two kids. Like a Harley is any safer a bike is a bike as far as protection goes.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Hagios said:
funny, how often do you see HD's bagged on , in the paper's , or do you see more articles about them doing chairty drives........there's alot of truth to the article.......... :dunno

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RACER X said:
funny, how often do you see HD's bagged on , in the paper's , or do you see more articles about them doing chairty drives........there's alot of truth to the article.......... :dunno

It sure hasnt always been that way though. It just means that more sportbikers need to help promote the positive sides.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Just another story about some fucktards abusing the priveledge of riding a motorcycle.......assholes like that should all be locked up. And the twit who wrote the article should take some spelling/writing lessons!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just love how people think that "crotch rocket" is the excepted term within the sport. I've never, in my entire life, heard anyone who ACTUALLY rides anything call any bike a "crotch rocket".

1 - 20 of 39 Posts