Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This makes two of them now. The first one was on the front fender, and in fact one of the screws that attaches the fender to the forks was totally missing. Other one was reallly loose. The second one was on the left fork pinch bolt at the bottom. I guess all this is kinda normal as things get settled in. I was curious what other loose bolts everyone else has found??

thanks
Cris

·
Registered
95 Posts
i've found no loose bolts thus far and I have checked it over quite well. I guess the boys at your dealership must have been in a bit of a rush putting it together.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i had both my turn signal thumb button assembly screws fall out. Left the assembly dangling against the frame. Scared the @^&($#% out of me as it all happend in rather tight turn. Goes to show... gotta check you stuff every so ofter!

·
Registered
159 Posts
My bike was put together quite well (if a little *too* tight on some phillips screws). I checked the torque on everything when I got it home and it was all good. When I took it in for the 600mi service, the shop guy there checked the torque on everything and it was still all good.

[shameless plug]
:dblthumb to Dazey's Supply - Redway, CA and also to CyclePro - Santa Rosa, CA.
[/shameless plug]

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
Nothing loose so far. Have gone over it twice now since purchase. Hope it stays that way. (some things were way too tight though lol) :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've found two bolts that hold on the passenger grab rails loose (like 1/4" of thread showing) and one screw that holds in the right headlight reflector loose.

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
someone got a bike made on a fri afternoon!! when i got mine, the brakelight wasnt hooked up to the front brake. i had to find it and plug it in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
One of my radiator side cover screws rattled out, but that's it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got home from my first ride and the "cool" fender was hanging by one loose bolt. So I guess the other 3 viberated out during my first 24 mile ride. Good thing I got the FAZR6 FE kit. It looks a lot better now!!!

Lock Tight is great stuff too!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Most of the major bolts were a little loose on mine when I torqued them all at about 1000 miles. Tightening the engine mounts helped calm some of the vibration for me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
First Post:

Left mirror loose...most likely from poor assembly practices. I also had dealer installed scratches and a battery that would not hold charge. They would not fix the scratches but installed a new gel battery. Also my front brake line was not installed correctly.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I nearly lost my rear left indicator after a 300km ride. Left hanging by the wires. Its a nasty place to have to get to, to replace the nut. In the end I had to pull half the rear assembly apart. Damn stubby fingers!

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Black 'n Blue said:
Every time I ride it the part that connects the handle bars to the seat has a screw loose.
You have handle bars attached to the seat? Must have been one of those rare options.

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
04Fizzer said:
You have handle bars attached to the seat? Must have been one of those rare options.
I'm not sure if your joking or not, but I'm guessing you are. If you're not, then think about it a little more. :) Nothing like a nut cutting loose on his motorcycle!

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
FZ6-KEP said:
I'm not sure if your joking or not, but I'm guessing you are. If you're not, then think about it a little more. :) Nothing like a nut cutting loose on his motorcycle!
Handle bars control the front wheel. They're in front of the tank.

Rear Grab Rails are in the back next to the seat. I know well and good what he was talking about, but that's not what he was saying.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Handle Bar - Seat Connector

The handle bar - seat connector to which I refer is the rider. Note, there is only a screw loose when I am riding it. Sorry if my attempt at humor was too obtuse.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts