Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my Busa about a month ago. I really had my heart set on moving up to some kind of big ass touring bike such as a Victory Cross Country. Instead I talked myself into a Kawi Concours. Still has the hard bags and all-day comfort that I was needing. Plus, it still get's me away from a bike that has a chain/sprockets. Best part was the lightly used Concourse was half the price of a brand new Victory. Having no bike payments is hard to pass up.

I used Craigslist and found a 2010 with only 2300 miles. It already had aftermarket exhaust on it. Will be installing electronic cruise control over the winter plus the usual little stuff like HID headlights, airhorn, and maybe trying a better windscreen.

Let the road trip planning begin.

Attachments

·
Registered
917 Posts
Great find. I think the sport touring bikes are making some huge strides in incorporating the little fancy gadgets of the larger touring bikes. Things like cruise control and heated grips (FRJ1300) and even heated seats (Trophy SE) for example. I think most of them have adjustable wind screens now too.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Get that non-starter bike or non-race rep crap off of this site. :p

Seriously, nice bike. My fave proper sport tourer.

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
I'm going to be in the market for a touring set up that can at times accomodate 2. I definitely don't want to go the route of a goldwing yet. I rented the 2013 FJR a few weeks back and like it, but would like something with a bit something different. Not sure what that different is though?? A Kawi may be the trick, but I want to tour on a 1200 GS 2 up to get a feel. The wife doesn't like really throwing the bike side to side so not sure. Looking forward to see what you think of it.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Very nice bike. Congrats.

I've been warned by quite a few people not to ride the K1600GT. Because then I'll buy one. :p

The R1200RT has had heated seats for years and even the S1000RR is available with heated grips.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Awesome Justin, I'm jealous! Always liked the Concours and still have dreams of owning one eventually. Look forward to reading your impressions of the bike.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Nice. Guy I work with has a 2010 or 2011, I forget when he bought it. I took it for a spin around the parking lot and that big boy is top heavy at slow speeds, but I watch him throw it around like a sport bike on the freeways.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Got an 09 in my garage now, defiantly a fun and plenty fast tourer. Congratulations!

·
Human After All
4,687 Posts
I sold my Busa about a month ago. I really had my heart set on moving up to some kind of big ass touring bike such as a Victory Cross Country. Instead I talked myself into a Kawi Concours. Still has the hard bags and all-day comfort that I was needing. Plus, it still get's me away from a bike that has a chain/sprockets. Best part was the lightly used Concourse was half the price of a brand new Victory. Having no bike payments is hard to pass up.

I used Craigslist and found a 2010 with only 2300 miles. It already had aftermarket exhaust on it. Will be installing electronic cruise control over the winter plus the usual little stuff like HID headlights, airhorn, and maybe trying a better windscreen.

Let the road trip planning begin.
Christ, just get a Miata already.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the good replies. I've already put on about 1000 miles just tooling around backroads and such. Definitely a heavier bike, but alot of the weight disappears very quickly and winding roads can be handled confidently. Putting on a few hundred miles at a time shouldn't be much of a problem. The seat is great, handlebars very comfortable, and the adjustable windscreen offers adequate protection in most cases. And on a side note, this bike has some of the best headlights I could ever expect a bike to have. Low beams are adjustable and very bright. Click on the highbeams and it seems like everything is lit up. I leave for work very early in the mornings before the sun even thinks of rising, so the great headlights were a pleasant surprise.

Going to be heading up to the Sturgis bike rally next week so that will be an even better test of everything. About 500 miles up there to test out the touring aspects, and loads of twisty roads to test the handling characteristics. Should be a good trip.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Nice Concours!! I'd definitely roll one of those! I just installed the Audiovox CCS 100 cruise control on my Busa about a week and a half ago! I just rode it to Reno from Las Vegas (about an 8 hour ride) and it worked great! I've used the ThrottleMeister for a few years now and it is a great product, but it leaves a little to be desired when dealing with hills. It was great to set the speed at 75 and just roll!

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice Concours!! I'd definitely roll one of those! I just installed the Audiovox CCS 100 cruise control on my Busa about a week and a half ago!
Have looked at that one, but pretty much decided on the Rostra cruise control. If I'm correct, the Audiovox is vacuum actuated while the Rostra has an electronically controlled servo for the throttle control. Both sound like solid units. If I had kept my Busa a cruise control was going to be a high priority.

·
Retired Army
9 Posts
That's a gorgeous bike, I saw one just like it a month ago that had matte black crash guards on the fairing lowers, and they really looked great on the bike- played on the gloss/matte thing and really added to the overall looks of the bike.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts