Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just had a Cycle Gear store open up in Pinellas Park a few weeks ago; decided to go down there to have a look. Just so happens they were having a 25% off sale on tires for Saturday only...acquired a rear Pilot Power for $106 and a front for $92...very nice! When I was there early in the morning, there was a HUGE stack of Pilot Powers; when I came back to get mine, almost all of them were gone. Looks like the Conte Road Attacks I currently have on have just earned "spare" status, lol.

It's wonderful to finally have a non-dealership store in the area. :D

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
I'm going to have to get down there to check the place out. I have training on both days of my weekend (mon-tue) this week. Maybe I'll hop over there while we're on break. Why are you replacing the Road Attacks? I've heard a lot of good things about them...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I should re-phrase....I have a Road Attack on the rear, but a "Chinzo???" on the front, with a touring tread on it (leftover from the previous owner)- recalled them being a match, but no. I've really had no troubles with either tire, but since the pricing oppurtunity presented itself today, I figured it's a good time to even things up and start with a nice matched set. Can't resist after having heard all the good stuff about the PP's. :D

Pretty nice store and lots of stuff to look at. The sales people crowd you a bit (very friendly though), but other than that, it's cool. Kinda wish they'd have a bit more variety in brands on leathers and such.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I stopped in at my local Cycle Gear today after my bike was dyno'd and bought a set of Pirelli Diablos. I don't need them yet but the price was too good to pass up ($205).

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Can't go wrong with either the Powers or the Diablos. I had a Diablo on the rear wheel when I had my FZ6 and they were awesome. The Metzeler Z6 I had up front were great as well.

·
I'll have another IPA!
565 Posts
Great price from a small shop.

Just thought I'd pass this on..
If anyone is in the SoCal area and looking for new tires, call Shock Therapy @ 714-255-9485, ask for Danny. $230+tax for a set of Pilot Powers, his everyday price. He also quoted $212+tax for a set of Bridgestone BT020's if I wanted to go with stock hoops. I am a firm believer in supporting the "little guy" in business when possible.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I just paid about $270 for a new set of Avon 45/46 for my bike, getting them put on tomorrow along with the new chain and 50t rear sprocket. Talk about a reason to take it easy for a while :lao
I currently have on a set of Metzler M1's, they were pretty good tires just didn't last that long. Only got about 6-7k miles out of the rear compared to the stock dunlops I had that got 16K.
I went with the Avons cause I do more milage then sport riding. I'm trying to only need new tires once a year .... at least till I learn how to change them myself and get the tools needed for the job.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was buying a rain suit at Cycle Gear here in OKC and noticed their tire prices were pretty fair. The sales guy said that the 25% thing happens time to time and if you buy something there and give your address you will be notified by mail of these sales. Also only like $11 to mount and balance if you buy the tires there.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CobraKaiDojo said:
I was buying a rain suit at Cycle Gear here in OKC and noticed their tire prices were pretty fair. The sales guy said that the 25% thing happens time to time and if you buy something there and give your address you will be notified by mail of these sales. Also only like $11 to mount and balance if you buy the tires there.
Yep, it's a pretty nice deal. I'm SOOO glad to have one open up about 2 miles from me...always makes for a nice "time waster" stop on rainy days.

·
Registered
676 Posts
http://www.swmototires.com/

I buy all my tires from these guys. They are in Tucson. Hell, I even stopped in and had them ship a new set home for me. It was only about 2000 miles down there. LOL

$229.90 for a set of Avon Azaro ST45/46's delivered to my door.

Anyway, they are consistently at/near the lowest prices and I've never waited more than a couple of days for a set of tires to my door. Free shipping on any order of 2 or more tires.

As you can see by my sig, I go through a lot of tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts