Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a 2011 Honda cb1000r with a wrecked front end. Most of the components are damaged. Forks, wheel, steering stem (frame is fine near as I can tell with micrometers). Buying new components is not an option due to cost. My question is, I can buy some used front ends from other models relatively cheaply. What issues will I run into aside from the steering stem, and what's the work around if I was to buy something like a used z1000 front end? Used forks for the cb1000r are not easy to come by in the us, and so far I've not found any that are worth buying. If consider anything, crb1000rr fork setup, gsxr, whatever. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Try the Honda CBR1000rr forum. Many great write ups on front end swap compatibility and also several members currently selling OEM forks at good prices.
I would personally go with the Showa BPF forks from a 2012-2016 standard model if you wanna keep cost down and still upgrade from the 2011 stock forks.
The Ohlin stock forks off the sp1 and sp2 models are nice but you won't find any for a reasonable price

1 - 3 of 3 Posts