Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The build on the bike is moving along pretty smoothly.

Just got new Pilot power 2ct's mounted and balanced on some freshly p/c rims. . .

Now for the question, when you adjust the fork height for the 70 front tire, are there locator pins for the clip ons or a grid system to line them up perfectly.

How would you know if they were "dead" straight?

Once the chain comes in ill be finishing that and then working on adjusting the forks and installing HID's while the front is all torn apart.

Tell me what you guys think of the bike....

Yoshi Exhaust, CoreMoto SS Brake Lines, Ivan's Jet Kit w/ emissions delete, Motodynamic Integrated tail, New Front and rear rotors, Vortex Sprockets 15/41, DID Chain, Black Pegs, Hotbodies Undertail, New Exhaust hanger. Pilot power 2 ct tires. . and more that i can't think of off the top of my head.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so i got a chance to do the rim tape. What do you guys think?

Im not tooooo sure if i like it 100%. Plus it was a biotch to install and get pretty straight.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
To answer your original question that is about the handlebars being straight?

The clip mount bracket bolts to the bottom of the upper triple clamp (5mm allen bolt I believe) There is a minimal amount of "play" around the bolt, but basically you can push them both all the way forward or pull all the rearward and figure they are real close....otherwise align the wheels and take a measurement from a known central location (of course then you assume the bar inserts are straight etc....)

As far as forks being straight, plate glass or straight edge or...across the tubes when installed (fairing off)

If it simply a hieght measurement issue. Measure the fork length above the triple clamp and make sure they are the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to give a head up for anyone who would like to adjust the fork height. When i did it there is actually only one way the clip ons can get mounted to the triple tree. so there is no need for having to worry about them being straight/crooked.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

(Ill be posting pics of the bike once its all done. Just waiting on the seat cowl and she will be 100% completed.)

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts