Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link Here

Interesting information. Especially if you live in these areas. The information is a little bit old (2001) BUT cagers never change. I believe that its based on accidents per amount of cars passing thru, maybe cross referenced with fatilities, injuries, etc.

There is also a link at the bottom of the page to see dangerous intersections specifically in your area, but its so so for if it even comes up.

Im most curious for people that live in those areas, is it true? Are those crazy intersections? What have you seen?

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Shit, I pass #9 all the time. Had no idea. Come to think of it...my friend's little bro did get rear-ended there.

·
Registered
353 Posts
nig said:
Shit, I pass #9 all the time. Had no idea. Come to think of it...my friend's little bro did get rear-ended there.
Dude, #9 is horrible. I purposely don't DRIVE there, much less ride. It's better since they redesigned it, but it's still pretty bad. Hell, all of Veterans is bad.

I got hit at Causeway and Vets in 1988 in my truck.

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
I can vouch for Red Lion & Roosevelt.... Thats where Sports Authority is and thats the main hangout for the street racers.. its mostly a car show there and then they go into the city to race... its a HUGE parking lot and is almost filled completely.

Grant & Roosevelt.. My wife knew 3 people that have died there..

Edit: Roosevelt is a a HUGE street BTW... its actually 4 different 3 lane streets.

2 streets of 3 lanes going each way with crossovers connecting the lanes going the same way.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Some of those streets look kinda like the place where that guy got hit crossing the street. Where did that take place again?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
HAHAHA! before I even opened it I guessed that Phoenix had to have at LEAST 2-3 int here, and I was right. I lived not to far from 7th and BEl... had to be a wreck there at least 2 times a week.. 17th and Northern... eeeeeeeesh! not a neighborhood I'd even catch myself in...

none in my neck of the woods, but then again, rush hour is like 10 mins long at a light.. :lol

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
The list takes into account the number of crashes at various intersections, how many of those crashes involved injury, the severity of those crashes and the percentage of vehicles insured by State Farm in areas where the intersections are located.
^ what they based the study on

·
Registered
143 Posts
I go through 2 and 3 all the time....They are both right in a row pretty much. Its dangerous because the road is at least 6 lanes wide and there are multiple medians and one way turning lanes and nobody knows where to go. I think they are SAFER on sat and sun nights when the street racers used to hang out there....At least they usually knew where they were going.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts