Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those that think soldiering is easy!

Can you do this?

Attachments

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
But before you did that you had to prove yourself hear! Some didn't make it back. God, bless the one's they call soldiers, watch over the one's that roam the battle fields to the end of time. Good job my brothers we'll be together again!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I know I can't do any of that. I never thought that being a soldier would be easy, one reason I never enlisted, is that I couldn't take some one screaming in my face and telling me what to do. That wouldnt go over to well with me. I'd just put my hand up, and walk away... or sit and smile and agree with everyhting they said, just to piss um off even more. :lol

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
yep i could twelve years ago and 50lbs lighter when I done the best ranger comp at ft benning. but of course even then I couldn't win the comp. some of those guys was machines

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
japbike said:
I know I can't do any of that. I never thought that being a soldier would be easy, one reason I never enlisted, is that I couldn't take some one screaming in my face and telling me what to do. That wouldnt go over to well with me. I'd just put my hand up, and walk away... or sit and smile and agree with everyhting they said, just to piss um off even more. :lol

Hehe YAY Japbike!!! :lol btw Love that Pussy Posse in yer sig :lol :alky

·
Registered
430 Posts
meh, been there, done that, did that O course when I was 16 years old.

:D :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :D

edit: that didn't come out as sarcastic as I wanted.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Yeah, I mean I get the post, and that stuff looks way tougher than what we do in the Air Force, but the title of this post just has me saying WTF? Were you drunk when you typed that Marsolais? :lol

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
SicFLgirlR6 said:
Its like Fire School all over again :lol, ah the memories...
Hahaha, I know exactly what you mean. We weren't crawling the mud like that, but we did alot of hard but still fun stuff at all 3 of my fire academies.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
You were in 3 academies??!! Well they made us crawl out and try to retrieve a live hose flowing at maximum gpm from a hydrant that was out of control one kid had hs nose broke by the coupling one kid had his arm broken, me being the smallest I had to swim through all the gross mud in full bunker gear to get to it scared shitless I was gonna get my head knocked off. They make you say swivel gasket in place :lol? I can't even remember the # of times I didn't say it when connecting couplings, then I'd flinch up knowing I didn't say it b/c the captains like to wack the shit out of your helmet when you don't verbalize everything, focking hurt like hell, oh well it was better than doing pyramid set push ups :D!!!

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
The first academy was probably similar to your academy, it was a "Volunteer Recruit Academy" back when I was a resident FF I went to that academy. My second academy was 11 weeks long and it was for my Firefighter 1 certification, last one was for Firefighter II certification but it was more administrative stuff than actual fighting fire. You been through a wildland firefighting course yet? Have fun when you do, it's so frikken boring and all you do is talk about different tools to dig fire lines and fire shelters :lol

Oh, and pyramid pushups are fun once you get used to them, those last couple though get real tough, especially when you go up to 15! :a2

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Oh yeah we did go up to 15 on the pyramids every freakin' day, it was murder! But yeah I'm Firefighter1&2 certified and EMT certified working on my medic. I'm the youngin' of the fire service :D.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Sorry to go so off topic on the thread but that's weird that your volunteers get no training. Our volunteers and residents went through a 4 week "Recruit Academy"

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Type-o on the title at first, fixed. No not drunk just saw an article in the paper about some ppl think soldiering is easy. Got me kinda pissed. Wish I saved the article.

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sonix said:
meh, been there, done that, did that O course when I was 16 years old.

Ya did the o-course when you were 16, that's great did you do the four other events before that like we did? If no then STFU! :twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
430 Posts
which 4? all I did before the o course was get to test fire the 30.06, mp5, and pistol, then go rappelling, then there was this crazy team event where they had an extension ladder with 4 ropes, you had 4 people stand the ladder straight up, and hold the ropes while the 5th person climbed up and over. but that course is damn fun, I have to ask though, why did you do the rope bridge from underneath, it is faster on top.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I think the first set of pics are SWAT training, not military. If someone hadn't mentioned it last time they were posted, I would still know from the sign in the background. Hehe jk marsolais.

I had no idea we had so many firefighters here. How is it, as a career? Just something that's crossed my mind.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
bluesnowmonkey said:
I had no idea we had so many firefighters here. How is it, as a career? Just something that's crossed my mind.
Great job! Just tough to get into, the hiring process is very competitive. Also being a licensed Paramedic instead of just an EMT makes it ALOT easier to get hired. Basically the more certifications you have the easier it is to get hired. But you still have to go through the whole academic testing, physical fitness testing, and oral boards to get hired. It's a big process, and when you got 1000+ people going out for one position it's not easy to get that one spot. But if you can get in, I can honestly say it's the best job in the world. If I didn't like the military so much now I'd go back to being a firefighter as soon as my enlistment is up.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts