Sport Bikes banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In regards to my Dog thread. What I was tryen to get across is that just because someone say's that something is bad doesn't make it bad!

To let everyone know. Pittbulls were bred in England in the late 1800's as Pitt fighting dogs, Two or three Pitts would be put in a pit and fight a Black bear untill eather the bear or the dogs were dead. Betting would take place of course. But it wasn't until the late 1900's in the US that they were imported and used as dog verse dog fighting. In these case they would drop a pit in with a larger dog in a pit and 9 times out of 10 the pit would make it out. For those that think all Pits are capible of tearing someone's face off, your right but so is your golden retriever! As you can see below I have a Pit! How could you hate a dog like that!

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
Pit bulls, that I have been in contact, all have been fairly affectionate to humans, however, pitbulls are dog aggressive. If you keep your dog on a chain in the back yard, it will get pissed, so when it does get free I would expect it to bite somebody. If you keep you dog in the house and are careing to it, it will be a dependable dog. I trained a pit bull one time for protection training and I stopped after one week because it wouldn't bite. Surprised I was. I have rottweilers, and they are just as loving. How could you hate a face like this also....

Attachments

·
Official Forum Killjoy
3,642 Posts
If you guys wish to have a calm discussion about dogs, thats fine. When the name calling and the general BS "you dont know shit" "blah blah blah" start then it will be shut down.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
I like (other people's) dogs, don't get me wrong on that. Dogs can be unpredictable if aggrivated. Or maybe it is predictable? The problem with some breeds (I won't even mention which ones, it's obivous) is that their jaws are strong enough and instincts strong enough IF PROVOKED to do some serious damage to an unsuspecting human. Or to a human that just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. For some people the only way to feel safe is to totally avoid all dogs or at least those that have the physical capacity to tear things apart. No amount of logic or stories about "that particular nice dog" will change that. Live with it and don't ever put your dog in a situation where it might become a statistic.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
marsolais said:
In regards to my Dog thread. What I was tryen to get across is that just because someone say's that something is bad doesn't make it bad!

To let everyone know. Pittbulls were bred in England in the late 1800's as Pitt fighting dogs, Two or three Pitts would be put in a pit and fight a Black bear untill eather the bear or the dogs were dead. Betting would take place of course. But it wasn't until the late 1900's in the US that they were imported and used as dog verse dog fighting. In these case they would drop a pit in with a larger dog in a pit and 9 times out of 10 the pit would make it out. For those that think all Pits are capible of tearing someone's face off, your right but so is your golden retriever! As you can see below I have a Pit! How could you hate a dog like that!
Look man, I'm not trying to say that they are bad dogs but I think many would agree that they are one of, if not the most dangerous dogs on the planet. Me personally, I don't understand why you would want to have one unless you want to protect your house or a junkyard (joke). I saw on animal planet one time how one took out two dogs twice its size. ....dead! I just don't think they are the best "pets". I see yours is an exception though as I'm sure a lot are.

I'm just trying to expand my reasoning since I may have been a little harsh on them in the other thread.

·
Registered
522 Posts
you guys should probably just let it go...hehe...this has been one long ass topic

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
marsolais said:

Wrong, again.

Pitbulls were originally bred to mess with bulls. When bull baiting became illegal, they were used to kill rats in rat "pits." That's where the "pit" in their name comes from.

You can learn a quite in depth history of the American Pitbull Terrier by clicking on the following link:
http://www.americanpitbullregistry.com/Pit Bull History.htm

The history in the above link is supported by many other sites and references. Some I had read before, some I hadn't. This one is pretty general and gives a good combined account of what a bunch of other sites give.

Like I said in the other thread before you flipped out, I have no issues with pitbulls. However, to think that just because your dog is sweet, then all pits are sweet, is faulty logic.

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
i see this starting to go down the same path as the other thread so this one is done too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.