Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Christine and my husband was known as Dobermann on this site. I know he talked to several people on here, but this is still very hard to say. Well just last night he got in a motorcycle wreck and died. He was riding with a friend late at night, had all his gear on (helmet, jacket, etc) and got in a collision with a truck while he was on leave (he was in the Marines). I believe he went to switch lanes during a curve and the truck didn't see him and hit him or he either collided with the truck, I'm not sure which it was, don't have many details yet. He died from a concussion to his head is what they're tentatively saying, I'm not too sure on the details. How that happened even with his helmet on is beyond me. And no he did not do stupid shit on the road, he was always preaching about safety and wearing gear; he even gave a class on that stuff.

He went to Idaho on vacation and did what he wanted to do, escape the marine bullshit and to just get some serious riding done. I believe he died doing what he loved the most, and I love him and hope he's at peace now. God bless his soul and please keep him in your prayers.

Sincerely and semper fi,
Christine Johnson

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
That is soooo sad to hear Christine. I never met him but remember him from here. My prayers are with you and your family. RIP Dobermann. :(

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your loss Christine. Thank you for having the strength to post about this here. I don't recall meeting Dobermann in person, but I do remember reading his posts on this forum. Always terrible to hear about the loss of a fellow rider.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your loss, I do remember Doberman on here, but like everyone else I to had never met him. I couldn't imagine losing my husband, theres nights he goes riding without me and it just scares me so much. I'm sorry for what has happend and I wish you well. RIP Domberman

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
so so sorry to hear christine. i also didnt have the opportunity to meet him but through the board he seemed like a great guy. stay strong hun and remember he will always be with you. if you need anything at all, we are all here for you.

RIP dobermann :(

semper fi

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
Christine, I am so incredibly sad to have read this post about your loss. I have spoken w/Dobermann here in the forum and he was always very pleasant to speak with. my thoughts are with you and your family in this difficult time. to echo what gixerking said, if you need anything, we are here.

Rip Dobermann.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I know he has been to my shop a few times. Was his name Chris? Chris is down here quite a bit, but I can't remember what his screen name was. Anyways, I am very sorry to hear about this :( I know all the guys in their group were very good people-they really cared about riding safe and I never saw them without riding gear. I know he wasn't riding unsafe-sometimes things like this just happen no matter what kind of precautions you take. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help.

-Nick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, his first name was Christopher, and yes he went to your shop quite often and spoke highly of it.

Thank you all so very much for your concern. The funeral will be on Tuesday here in his hometown in Watertown,TN. We are all doing okay considering the circumstances. All we can do is cope day by day and hopefully get through this somehow. We have plenty of family and friends for love and support. And thank you guys for caring.

I don't have a police report yet, but he died from his neck snapping during the collision. They consider that head trauma, which confused me to thinking concussion.

Again thanks for the concern. Be safe, guys. God bless.

Sincerely,
Christine

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Be strong. Be safe and live a life that he would wish you to have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts