Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally she got her new shoes. I ordered them last week, and took her for a long ride from Mexico City to Puebla City on Sunday...

The old rubber bit my ass! Yep, on the interstate a car braked out of nowhere and I was able to stop, but as I was comming to a full stop the stupid front tire broke free...

And I was standing, with my bike, on the floor, between my legs...

Stupid 13 year old Dunlop Sportmax, and even dumber me for riding on that old rotten POS. (The rear was another Dunlop, a standard tire, that one wasn't that bad, except for the part that it lost a lot of air).

Well, here they are, Pirelli MT75 110/70-17 on the front, and Pirelli MT75 150/70-17 on the rear. I already rode them on the rain, and God, I swear this MT75s stick better on the rain that the old tires on the dry! Bike no longer feels reluctant to turn, no more squared off rear tire and mismatched set of tires.

Before any one says it: Look at those chicken stripes!!! (or should I say, chicken steaks??)

Gee, I can't wait till I try them on the track! It is a 1.8 km track and the longest straight is 800m, so I doubt I'll even have a chance to exceed the rated speed of 190km/h on those things. :fiddy

Attachments

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
Dude..those tyres are worth more than the bike!

Sorry couldn't resist. Sweet choice though!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Süsser Tod said:
Gee, I can't wait till I try them on the track! It is a 1.8 km track and the longest straight is 800m, so I doubt I'll even have a chance to exceed the rated speed of 190km/h on those things.
190km/h = 118 mph
800m = .5 miles

You should be able to get your Katana to 118 in .5 miles. Mine does that pretty easily...

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ExtraJ said:
i have mt75's on my ninja 250.
sweet fuckin tires.

Agree. It is amazing how far the commuter bike tires have got in the last years, they have about the same grip as super sport tires from the 90s, without the need to warm them up!!!

Only two downsides:

a) They wear quite fast, if I get 7,000 miles out of the rear I will be extremely happy!

b) Limited top speed.

I'm pretty sure they won't have the same grip as a new ZR radial, but so far they are doing EXTREMELY fine! When I took the bike out of the shop it was raining, the NEW tires never slipped, not even a little bit. And now the bike rides like a dream!

But well, that is one of the downsides of living on a 3rd world country where "big bikes" and their parts are extremely overpriced (as they are usually only bought by wealthy people).

Pirelli Diablo = $200 rear, $180 front
Michelin Pilot = $250 rear, $210 front

Can you freaking believe those prices???

I paid about $170 for that set of MT 75.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TemtnF8 said:
190km/h = 118 mph
800m = .5 miles

You should be able to get your Katana to 118 in .5 miles. Mine does that pretty easily...

Thinking about it, you are right, me = :urowned

But considering that so far, on the trackday, 3 cruisers are inscribed...

I don't think we'll be going THAT fast.

Note: cruisers were accepted because we need 30 persons to be able to pay for the rent of the track, tow truck and ambulance, so far we are only 18, so the organizers are accepting anyone that can help with the bills.

For the record, the cruisers are two Shadow 750 and a Virago 1100, here is the list of the bikes that so far are in:

1.-Jaime Gomez Cacho-------------YAMAHA R6
2.-Aleman-------------------------SUZUKI GSX-R 750
3.-Seye---------------------------HONDA CBR 600 RR
4.-Zurdo--------------------------???????
5.-Guiri----------------------------HONDA SHADOW 750
6.-Mayorga------------------------HONDA SHADOW 750
7.-Lim-----------------------------YAMAHA R1
8.-Chavez--------------------------HONDA CBR 600 F1
9.-George--------------------------YAMAHA YZF 600 THUNDERCAT
10.-Ernesto-------------------------SUZUKI GSX R750
11.-James bombond-----------------HONDA CBR 600 F4I
12.-Gabriela-------------------------HONDA CBR 600 F2 <---- A GIRL!!!
13.-Gerardo1 -----------------------SUZUKI KATANA 600
14.-Andres G------------------------YAMAHA VIRAGO 1100
15.-Diego Pascoe--------------------BMW 1150 R
16.-Victor Hugo----------------------SUZUKI 1100
17.-OscarMB-------------------------BMW 1150 R ROASTER
18.-Susser Tod----------------------SUZUKI KATANA 750

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
You didn't do too bad on those MT75's, I got both of mine mounter for 130.....and that was with about 20% off....so you didn't do too bad. Crazy that they make a 150 though, I know they fit Aprilia 250's and Blasts...but I never knew they went as big as a 150.

Oh yeah, and I LOVE those tires. They wear quick, but they are like glue......

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BurnMyHeartDown said:
You didn't do too bad on those MT75's, I got both of mine mounter for 130.....and that was with about 20% off....so you didn't do too bad. Crazy that they make a 150 though, I know they fit Aprilia 250's and Blasts...but I never knew they went as big as a 150.

Oh yeah, and I LOVE those tires. They wear quick, but they are like glue......

Don't think I would like them on a RS250, that thing can be wicked fast!

As for the wear. That is relative, they wear fast compared to what? To a cruiser tire, yes, to a sportbike tire like M1s, nope. They are somewhere in between a touring tire and a sport tire, but with the benefit of almost no warmup needed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts