Sport Bikes banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Politically incorrect
508 Posts
Although I am not generally a fan of the current Iranian government (I spent a year in the area when the shaq was in power), I do like the penalty for drunken driving - summary execution on the spot (no warehousing problem).

Everyone says that is too harsh, but if applied religiously and consistently, few people who die due to drunken driving. :cheers

·
Registered
168 Posts
Receidivism among drunk drivers is high...but three chances?

I lost a brother 12 years ago to a drunk so I have some personal connection. The drunk that did it had been drinking for the better part of the day, he wasn't "out for dinner with a beer". The low tolerance the law now has ensures these cases go to court where the judge and jury can make the distinctions.

Best bet is to drink at home. It is far cheaper, even if you never have to submit to testing. But bars have parking lots for a reason.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
In Florida the BAC is .08...you can be charged with a lesser % because the level of impairment is judgement call by officer at time of stop. If officer says he saw you bounce off the curb and then cross the center line, you can still be charged and prosecuted, even if you blow a .06

In Florida, the points for any offense go away after 18 months...however, charges/tickets stay on your record for 75 years. So, If you get a DUI at age 21, and get away with it until you get caught again at 70...the one at 21 is still on your record and counts against you...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts