Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I learned all my wheelie experence on my 4 wheeler (2000 Yamaha Blaster). It's not all that fast but it works for finding the BP and manipulating the thottle and rear brake control, up intill that one day. I went out ridding with some friends and clutched on up like normal and when for the brake to keep from looping and I just keept going back. I took apart my rear caliper (mechanical disk brakes) and found the pad's seized in the caliper housing. After getting that all fixed and gressed up good I put it away for the night and was about to try it again the next day but now it seized again and now i no longer ride wheelis to or past the BP because I only have ft. brakes. The moral of the story is Don't learn on a Blaster unless you get a newer one with hydrolic rear disk because yamaha always had problems with it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
hayabluesa said:
I learned all my wheelie experence on my 4 wheeler (2000 Yamaha Blaster). It's not all that fast but it works for finding the BP and manipulating the thottle and rear brake control, up intill that one day. I went out ridding with some friends and clutched on up like normal and when for the brake to keep from looping and I just keept going back. I took apart my rear caliper (mechanical disk brakes) and found the pad's seized in the caliper housing. After getting that all fixed and gressed up good I put it away for the night and was about to try it again the next day but now it seized again and now i no longer ride wheelis to or past the BP because I only have ft. brakes. The moral of the story is Don't learn on a Blaster unless you get a newer one with hydrolic rear disk because yamaha always had problems with it.
I just use the bumper to slow me down!!

I have been known to pull a wheelie and stop at 12 o'clock. With EFI I can just throw it in reverse and back out of it.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts