Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zup guys, just want to share with you all some news here....

here's the recap.....

I bougth my gixx 600 05 on Feb 10 after some nice time doing my home work, at least that what i think....I end up buying that bike to be honest because I didn't like the looks of all sv's, fz's , 500 & 550's....! I never thougth that everything that I read here was for one purpose, (SAFETY) I always went blah blah, that would never happen to me or anybody, I have the money now why wait, "the whorse" what would my friends think of me when I arrived on a tiny SV or something like that....I fill my head with that shit! .....

The thing is that some guy at work ask me about my bike and i pass that same old sh** to him....didn't know him to well but i tell him what I did and why I did it.....he end up buying the same bike in white/blue, in late march, we talked a few time after I remember, once telling me about how he hit her at 80+ in 2nd gear.....i told him that he was crazy cause here in puerto rico there are no highways/avenues with so much length to travel at those speeds......i mean there are but you know what i mean, i was trying to scare him a bit so he wouldn't do anything stupid...

Last week I told him about the Puerto Rico bike weekend thats coming out on june 17,18 and 19 and he told me "cool, i'll show some things on the way"....few days later.....this thursday to be exact, as I was staring my bike to ride with some friend at night i received the call .....he died, crash at high speed without his helmet, hi was carring it in the elbow (his hand coming out the shield, got me?) dont know any other way to explain....some witness said that he was doing wheelie at high speeds....he only have less than 300 miles....what I'm trying to do is to aware everyone of the risks that we as riders are taking and worse with our experience, "the first time i rode i bike was the day before i bougth mine".....listen to all, take advise, ride small first, learn the ropes and please never try to show off.......at least while learning

local newspaper report (very short and in spanish)

Muere al chocar en motora

Un joven perdió la vida luego que chocara la motora que conducía contra una barrera de metal, informó la Policía.

Pedro Marcel Guzmán García, de 22 años y residente en la urbanización Santa Ana de Juncos, conducía una motora a exceso de velocidad por la carretera 9919 en el municipio de Juncos, cuando perdió el control e impactó una barrera de metal.

El joven murió en el lugar a consecuencia de los traumas recibidos. El fiscal Irving Rivera ordenó el levantamiento del cadáver.

thanks for reading.....
P.S. excuse my english, i'm working on it...

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
RIP

Good story for all. I think everyone at one time felt that way with getting a new bike.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm trying to have some pics of what's left from the bike....i so, i'll post them...

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
That's pretty sad. You're not responsible for his bad judgement.

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
I'm going to move this to the Fallen Riders forum, everyone has had a chance to see it here and I think others who might not frequent this forum might like to express their condolences as well.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Sad story as always. They are all sad.
Not your fault. Just a young inexperienced man thinking he was invincible, nothing against him, all lively young men are like that. Just some of them don't beat the odds.
RIP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
all i can say is that im glad i read this part of the forum first i just joined about an hour ago its going to help keep my helment on and my tires on the ground for now. may he rest in peace and i pray for those he left with us. R.I.P. bro

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sad

Last November we rode for the last time that season, a young man join us at our regular meeting spot, usually we do not allow riders that we do not know to ride with us, however he followed us, this young man had only been riding for two month, no licence.

Most of us are advance rides, he took it up to himself to ride hard, the consequence, he slammed into a medium going 50+ miles per hours, what save him was he was wearing protective gear. However he splinter a shoulder, broke the hand and wrist and a leg.

Sometimes newbies do not know how to handle their equipment, and they will have accidents, regardless it is sad to see young ones of 21 years of age trow their life away.

In my opinion the bike is not the danger, the danger is the rider.

May this rider "RIP"

CyberRider

1 - 13 of 13 Posts