Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured after 3 years of solid riding I would finally get me some decent boots to ride in other then my trusty ole' Magnums, their great boots, look awesome with my matching HJC Jacket and Helm but lord forbid I get in an ankle-pin situation.

I've been looking alot at the Teknic Violator Waterproof Boot for the fact that I want something I might can wear off the bike on short day trips without my feet killing me later. If anyone has some other footgear I might be interested in and vendors I should check out drop me a line on this thread. I would like to keep cost between $150-$250.

Keep it between the ditches,
Temp

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
a* gps-3
sidi vertebrae II
oxtar TCS evo

I can speak for the a*, they are very comfortable for walking and working in. the others I've tried on and like, especially the oxtar, but if I get another pair I'm going all the way ($300 pair like alpinestars supertech or sidi vertigo).

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Tempest, what part of TN bro??

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chattanooga

·
Registered
495 Posts
I recently picked up some Alpinestars Effex GoreTex. I have a wide foot which prohibits most of the race boots. They seem to be a good quality boot with good protection and are comfortable for me.

Keep in mind that motorcycle specific boots are damn stiff to begin with. They break in and become pretty comfortable later, but that makes showroom desicions kinda hard. You also want the boots to be a little tighter than your shoes might fit.

Sidi Strada, Setup GrandPrix, Alpinestars Effex, and Oxtar Matrix all are sport-touring style boots which mend themselves better to off bike situations than the race boots, while still providing protection.

www.newenough.com has a good selection.

Those Teknics look/sound pretty good for the money!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback.

I figured they would be pretty stiff out of the box, can't be worse then doing PT in brand new steeltoe Magnums....ouch!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts