Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
A moral abomination watched by zombie shmucks.

Reactions: F4sSprintST

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
at the 0:57 mark he mentions that no other industry "maims" 1/3 of it's employees.

I encourage him to go talk to a 50 year old tradesman. A heavy duty mechanic, a carpenter, an automotive tech, welder. . .

I'll guarantee they are in rougher shape than a 50 year old former football star. Dipshit hasn't done a days work in his life and he presumes to know what physical labour and physical jobs do to a person. "Limping" is not something to shrug off.

I shut it off at that point. he's a fucknut.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
i read "blink" was seriously unimpressed. haven't seen anything to make me change my mind about him.

Objectivly wrong, and incapable of recognising it.

He seams to be utterly unaware of what conformation bias is.

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
If someone paid me that kind of money with a 1 in 3 chance of injury I'd probably still sign up, especially to do something that's essentially playing a game.

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do think the NFL should do a better job of providing for it's player's health care for life, and a nice pension.

There's plenty of money, and these guys sacrifice their long term health for everyone's entertainment.

That said, I don't have a dog in the fight, I don't give a rat's ...... about football, but found this interesting.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I do think the NFL should do a better job of providing for it's player's health care for life, and a nice pension.

There's plenty of money, and these guys sacrifice their long term health for everyone's entertainment.

That said, I don't have a dog in the fight, I don't give a rat's ...... about football, but found this interesting.
it's interesting, CFL players get paid less than a million bucks a year. most of them get paid between 85 and 150,000 a year (what I consider to be a sane salary for a pro athlete). They do not seem to have the "healthcare issues" that NFL players have. Meaning, they buy fucking healthcare.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Went and looked up this Gladwell chappie as I had never heard of him before . I think my initial assessment stands as correct . He is a failed academic who magpies other peoples work .. hashes it around like a high school senior using a thesaurus to add some flowery words packages it up with a catchy title and sell it as facts .. and seems all the more valid by the way he seems to believe his own bullcarp . The only thing I will withdraw is first to be lion fodder .. Apparently he was a good middle distance runner .

And for some fun ... The Malcolm Gladwell Book Generator

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Alfred Morris (running back, Washington Redskins): $510,000
Russell Wilson (quarterback, Seattle Seahawks): $526,000

17 NFL Players Who Make Surprisingly Low Salaries - Business Insider
Sorry if I don't feel pity for them because of their "low" salary of "only" half a million a year. They're both still on their original contracts, and they're both going to get huge pay raises. Also, Russell Wilson earned an additional $170,000 last year in performance bonuses. And those figures aren't including endorsement deals, which they both have.

When I'm finished up with school and residency training, I'm going to have 11 grueling years of post high school education, and I doubt I'll ever make a yearly salary as high as their lowest year. They're compensated very fairly.

·
Registered
731 Posts
NFL contracts are not guaranteed... in other words, they are one side contracts. The fact that lawyers supposedly representing the players negotiated this BS is unbelievable. They should be thrown in jail.

In baseball, basketball, you sign a 5yr/50 million dollar contract, the ten owes you that money regardless of how good you play, if you get hurt or traded. In football, the most violent sport you sign a contract and have to play for that money, if the team decides to cut you tomorrow, they owe you nothing. In football, the player takes ALL the risk and the owner takes NONE.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Didn't even watch the vid. First thought that came to mind is: liberals have no morals.

Here's a novel idea: you don't have to sign the contract. You don't have to play the game. You didn't even have to take that free college degree. You can go live your life in relative obscurity, working your ass off trying to get ahead so the fucking government takes more and more of what you earn. Free will, that's why we were given it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts