Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my bike just doesnt start. M'r F'r just cranks and cranks then just gives a backfire out the carbs. Either I have a timing problem, or I need a valve adjustment. I have no idea how it can be a timing problem because it has never given me any problems when it is running. It runs great. And that makes me think that my valves are just not fully closed when I het TDC and it pushed the mixture out the intake side. But again, I would have seen symptoms of this before I have starting problems.

I still need to dive into the carbs again and see if everything is correct. maybe a float needle got stuck, or something wiggled loose, which I highly doubt.

But its getting rediculous. We have had really nice weather lately and I cant go out riding. I see all these guys out on their bikes and when they pass me I just yell profanities at them because they piss me off. Im just jealous really.

So, if I check out my carbs and everything checks out okay, then I may have to resort to taking it to the stealership. And while its tere, I might as well have the valves adjusted decause Im about 1500 miles away from the scheduled adjustment.

Other than this small rant, I am courious where is teh best, most reliable stealership, or shop that I can take my Yam-Aahaaaa to get this work done.

I really dont want to do the valves myself because for some reason, I am cursed with having leaky valve cover gaskets whenever I take the cover off, and I really dont want to have a leaky engine.

Anywho, thats all. If anyone out there has done valve adjustments, and is willing to work with me on it, I might consider it. I do have all the tools necessary to do the job, but I hate working with valve cover gaskets. Those bastards just dont seal right once you break the factory seal.

·
All new kind of FAST!!
286 Posts
you might just need a carb clean... something that simple could solve your problem... I doubt that if all you need is a valve adjustment, that you would have this kind of problem...

I'm really of no help... sorry.

·
Registered
348 Posts
a carb clean at a dealership cost me $260 last season...

I hope your bike starts working VTEC!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I had a FZR600 awhile back and everytime it would get wet the same thing would happen. To fix it I would change the plugs and then it would work. Obviously changing the plugs was a quick fix and only temporarily fixed a b***** problem but it worked for me.

P.S. Stay away from All Pro if you take your bike in.

·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I need to dive into the carbs again. I did just take them all apart and clean them, and everything was just fine. Maybe I got some grit in there somehow. What a PITA. Maybe I can get to it this weekend some time.

·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I ripped apart the carbs. Everything checked out good. Redid some jetting for warmer weather, synched them, and put them back on.

The bike fires up now, but it sounds like shit. All 4 cylinders are firing because all 4 runners are hot. But it still sounds like it is running on 3 cylinders, or just really, really rough.

I think I have a timing issue. If anyone with a FZR 600 wants to help me out, maybe they could come over and let me try out your CDI box. If that doesnt work, Ill have to check my base timing.

So thats where it stands.

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Remove those crack rocks from the carbs. I told you it isn't a good spot to hide them. I saw your bike at 27th and Wells the other night giving a bj to a man named Rainbow for another fix.

Tom.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
VTEC_EATER said:
Well, I ripped apart the carbs. Everything checked out good. Redid some jetting for warmer weather, synched them, and put them back on.

The bike fires up now, but it sounds like shit. All 4 cylinders are firing because all 4 runners are hot. But it still sounds like it is running on 3 cylinders, or just really, really rough.

I think I have a timing issue. If anyone with a FZR 600 wants to help me out, maybe they could come over and let me try out your CDI box. If that doesnt work, Ill have to check my base timing.

So thats where it stands.
Try changing the plugs, even when it didn't get wet my FZR ate those things for breakfast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts