Sport Bikes banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you all do when u get the flu and wanna be rid of it fast. i was feelin it a lil this morning when i left for work and now that im home i'm really sore and freezing cold, pounding headache...you know the deal. so what do you do? i just took a tok of nyquil and plannin on passing out soon

·
Swollen Member
4,967 Posts
I go to the doctor and get some bad ass cough syrup and antibiotics. I usually go get a sprite and pour a bunch of the syrup in it and drink it. That's what usually helps me. Plus you get some lean......

Drink alot of water. Other than that, there isnt much you can do but rest.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
SloppyJoseph said:
I go to the doctor and get some bad ass cough syrup and antibiotics. I usually go get a sprite and pour a bunch of the syrup in it and drink it. That's what usually helps me. Plus you get some lean......

Drink alot of water. Other than that, there isnt much you can do but rest.
antibiotics for the flu?

way to go, the flu is caused by a virus!!!

oh yeah incurable disease strains....ohhhhhh yeeeeeeeeah.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Take echinacea before it even becomes the flu/cold. I take it whenever I feel something coming on, good as new the next day. To late for that though, I'd just drown myself in Nyquil and say night night.

·
Swollen Member
4,967 Posts
BurnMyHeartDown said:
antibiotics for the flu?

way to go, the flu is caused by a virus!!!

oh yeah incurable disease strains....ohhhhhh yeeeeeeeeah.

my bad. my bad. It's been a while since ive had the flu. I know it sux but i forgot it's not a virus. Isnt there some new meds out for flu. Like stuff you take at the first symptoms and then it takes alot less time to go away.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I take ester-C daily and drink orange juice on a regular basis. Also, drink lots of water.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Prescriptions for the Flu:
Tamiflu (works the best, but must be started within 1-2 days of symptoms)
about $92
Relenza
Flumadine
Symmetrel
(last 2 don't really work on flu strains in the US currently)

OTC
Hall's Defense drops. They have echinacea, zinc, and vitamin c. Some studies say they work for helping you fight an infection.

Lots of vitamin c, especially in citrus juices.
LOTS OF FLUIDS!!!

For the aches and pains, if you have a fever, Tylenol and Motrin/Advil in alternating schedules. Ask the Pharmacist if you have any medical conditions whether you should take Motrin.

There are other homeopathic medications such as Oscillococcinum, but I am unsure as to whether they work.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Echinacea can cut your healing time down, its also good in preventing an illness. During finals week (exams) i take regular doses because i know my immune system is going to be weakened due to the higher stress levels. Any other time i take about half the dose.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
what I do is get a lot of juice, cranberry juice, orange juice, get dayquil,and/or niquil. Take a lot of hot baths then right after jump into bed. It will make you sweat pretty bad but trust me, its good for you, especially if you have a fever. And remember to drink a lot of fluids. Take a lot of naps too. Thats what I always do and usually I feel better the next day.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Take a HOT shower, make sure u get ur body temp up, then get in some sweatpants/shirt and socks. You want to keep ur core temp up so you will sweat it out. Then get into bed, with plenty of blankets. Grab some nyquil, a glass or 2 of water, then get some rest, keep plenty of water near your bed!

·
Misplaced Texan
340 Posts
I know this will probably sound like a shameless plug for coral calcium, but i've been taking Bob Barefoots Coral Calcium for the past 5 years and I don't get the flu, colds, sinus infections, acid indigestion, etc...Hell, I just don't get sick anymore...

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i was surprised, this is the first time ive actually been sick in years. i think i nipped it in the bud though. i was startin to feel really crappy yesterday afternoon so i took a ton of nyquil and a vitamin and went straight to bed. slept all night and stayed home from work so i wouldnt be out in the rain, took some more nyquil after calling in sick and went back to bed, slept close on 20 hours now and i feel a lot better

·
Sexual Chocolate
2,212 Posts
Ummm how about we don't need a cure for the simple fact that it would make things worse.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts