Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know how the laws are regarding seat belts and motorcycle helmets are in other states, but wtf are people thinking when a few years back they revoke the mandatory helmet law in florida. Yet they are now on a crusade to ticket people without seatbelts because they save lives. Maybe its just a government conspiracy to get rid of biker gangs :).

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I have always wondered the same thing.

Seatbelts=helmets...kinda

You can ride a bike without gear let alone a helmet but get screwed if your in a car without a belt. I never understood that

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
I've wondered the same thing as well.....

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
I see your point and have to agree with you.

Here in Nebraska I have always thought that it was kind of wierd that we have both a seatbelt law and a helmet law, but yet you can't get pulled over if you aren't wearing your seatbelt. The officer has to have some other reason for stopping you other than just just seeing that you aren't wearing you seatblet. It's basically called a secondary offence. But, if they see you on a motorcycle without a helmet they will stop you on the spot and give you a ticket, which I believe is called a primare offence.

It seems like most state have seperate standards when it comes to seatbelts and helmets. And it's even more odd how some states put the priority on one while another state will have thier priority on the other.

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
ive rolled right by cops here in north dallas without a lid (i was going down the block to a park for some volleyball) without getting a ticket, while my friend got a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt, sitting in a non-moving car in a parking lot. go figure.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
I agree with you. I think it's kinda stupid too.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
that a question for the ages..... no one will EVER know.............

·
Banned
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think we could make a point to our retarded legislators? I dont care so much people not having to wear a helmet, as long as I'm not harassed for not wearing a seatbelt in my car. I'd prefer all or nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts