Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i want to get rid of my '86 GSXR 750 and get a 99 busa. I have a full set of safety gear and have been riding for about 8 months. I want something that is less sporty, but still sporting and newer and more reliable (oil leaks are a pain), and comfortable on long rides. I've riden the busa and though it was quite comfortbale for my 6'1" frame and 320 lb weight. Any opinions?

Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
"Flame me" --- Ok

You suck.

Actually it'd prolly be about the best sportbike for you considering your size. It's a lot of bike for a fairly inexperienced rider, but if you don't go out and behave like an Asshat on it you'll be just fine. A bike is only as fast as your right hand tells it to be. I've ridden a few busa's and I found them to be very well mannerd and comfortable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,025 Posts
djt81185 said:
So i want to get rid of my '86 GSXR 750 and get a 99 busa. I have a full set of safety gear and have been riding for about 8 months. I want something that is less sporty, but still sporting and newer and more reliable (oil leaks are a pain), and comfortable on long rides. I've riden the busa and though it was quite comfortbale for my 6'1" frame and 320 lb weight. Any opinions?

Dan

You asked for it.

Your to stupid to ride a bike,You would be better of on a moped.On 2nd thought maybe a tricycle.You are retarted. :twofinger

You should go to the dealerships and sit on the different bikes for a bit,then decide what feels right to you :)
 

·
Aww cinnamon an' gravy!
Joined
·
107 Posts
Jeez a motorcycle?! WTF are you thinking those things are way dangerous especially the suzuki ninja katanas man those go like 260 in 4th... :twofinger oh yeah and like they said, you suck, :twofinger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
At 320 pounds I don't even know how you could ride a sportbike. Seriously, I don't get the logistics of it and I'm over 230.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow that was quick lol. I didnt like the seats of the sv series or any of the new sportbikes. Harleys are nice but SLOW. They were having a blow out for 2003 Honda VTX 1800c but i would have scrapped the shit out of the pegs (8800 out the door brand new). It honestly felt nice on the busa. What other bikes should i look at if i was something that is fast, comfortable, and reliable, and can still hang in the corners. I also have a 50 mile ride each way to work.

Dan

and I'm a 19 yr old engineering intern...and im trying to lose weight
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i fit suprisingly well on the gixxer (dont know why...i shouldnt) but it looks weird when i go into a tuck though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
I was about 320 when I bought my RC51 and I'm now about 230 and trying to get down to about 210. That was the best mod I ever did. My bike is way faster now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,025 Posts
You can move the pegs forward and up 1 1/2" ona VTX for around $150.

And don't let the fact that it's a big cruzer fool ya.It'll corner really well.

<---------look over here,I know a few things about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
You're and idiot for even considering it...hell the 750 for a noob is bad enough. I'm 1" shorter than you and fit just fine on EVERYTHING! So I weight half of what you do.....got nothing to do with my height does it? You'd be better off on a DRZ400.......you'll never scrape a peg on one unless you dump it.
 

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
Joined
·
5,894 Posts
alaska cajun said:
You can move the pegs forward and up 1 1/2" ona VTX for around $150.

And don't let the fact that it's a big cruzer fool ya.It'll corner really well.

<---------look over here,I know a few things about it.
Out of the box they aren't really good handling bikes, same can be true for most cruisers, as they are geared for the touring side, not for extreme handling. Aftermarket can solve most of their downsides.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
The TLR is a rack. Definately not comfy like the Busa. It's a very nice bike, but has very sporty ergos (doesn't sound like what this guy is looking for).

You should try a SV1000. Pretty upright seating position, inexpensive, but will still kick some ass in the twisties.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
How about the ZX12R or the new BMW (K1200??? dunno).

You want a flame? OK

---------------------

Goddamn newbie squids trying to get the fastest damn bike they can without being able to handle it!!! Don't even think about getting on a BIG WHEEL until you've taken MSF BRC, ERC, 12 months of trackdays, and a personal supervisory ride with Racer X, **** Doohan, and Valentino Rossi. Maybe then you'll be ready to get your poser, wannabe freight on a 250 for 18 months...that way you won't be screwing up MY insurance rates, crashing on MY roads, and generally making the public think that all sportbikers are 200+ mph maniacs who want to kill their neighbors, barbecue their babies, and hold a grisly cannibalistic feast before wheelieing off into the sunset with an open beer in one hand and an AK47 in the other.

Worse, you're 19. No nineteen year old should be even allowed to SAY the word 'Busa'. Plus, you're a know-it-all engineering 'intern' that think b/c he's wearing some $25 safety gear and happens to know the 3rd law of ThermoDynamics, he's ready to hitch a ride on the king squid killer bike. Obviously sportbikes aren't going to be comfortable -- THAT'S WHY THEY'RE SPORTBIKES. What are you using that brain of yours for at work, a seatcushion? Try applying those years of highschool that my taxes obviously paid for, and you might be able to add two and two together. Dumb ass kids were probably smoking pot in the back of class and snickering about the girl with the short skirt instead of getting any real world skills anyway.

And what's this shit about oil leaks? Any good bike is going to have to be MAINTAINED. Is the high and mightly engineer too good to pick up a wrench to fix his Gixxer? Do you know what I would have done for a bike at that age? MAN, I tell you what -- instead of fixing up his old toy, he just wants to move on to a new one and DUMP the old screwed up 750 on some poor bastard via CycleTrader. Lousy, lying, high-brow, ivory-tower academician that just wants the fastest possible toy without learning to ride it, learning to fix it, earning it through an increasing skill level, or relying on his own opinion.

Way to let the masses of sheep dictate how the river or your life will flow, Junior. Call me when you're trying to decide on the red stitches or the blue ones after you highside your new toy to the frockin' moon.

-----------------------------
:devil

/always take with a grain of salt.
//busas scare me, but have fun
 

·
______ETA B4U______
Joined
·
1,990 Posts
As for the bike - I can't help you there. I don't think the Busa is a good bike for anyone without a lot of experience but I never rode one.

As for the flame - Fuck you, you fucking fuck. :twofinger
 

·
old member
Joined
·
13,079 Posts
LightWeaver said:
How about the ZX12R or the new BMW (K1200??? dunno).

You want a flame? OK

---------------------

Goddamn newbie squids trying to get the fastest damn bike they can without being able to handle it!!! Don't even think about getting on a BIG WHEEL until you've taken MSF BRC, ERC, 12 months of trackdays, and a personal supervisory ride with Racer X, **** Doohan, and Valentino Rossi. Maybe then you'll be ready to get your poser, wannabe freight on a 250 for 18 months...that way you won't be screwing up MY insurance rates, crashing on MY roads, and generally making the public think that all sportbikers are 200+ mph maniacs who want to kill their neighbors, barbecue their babies, and hold a grisly cannibalistic feast before wheelieing off into the sunset with an open beer in one hand and an AK47 in the other.

Worse, you're 19. No nineteen year old should be even allowed to SAY the word 'Busa'. Plus, you're a know-it-all engineering 'intern' that think b/c he's wearing some $25 safety gear and happens to know the 3rd law of ThermoDynamics, he's ready to hitch a ride on the king squid killer bike. Obviously sportbikes aren't going to be comfortable -- THAT'S WHY THEY'RE SPORTBIKES. What are you using that brain of yours for at work, a seatcushion? Try applying those years of highschool that my taxes obviously paid for, and you might be able to add two and two together. Dumb ass kids were probably smoking pot in the back of class and snickering about the girl with the short skirt instead of getting any real world skills anyway.

And what's this shit about oil leaks? Any good bike is going to have to be MAINTAINED. Is the high and mightly engineer too good to pick up a wrench to fix his Gixxer? Do you know what I would have done for a bike at that age? MAN, I tell you what -- instead of fixing up his old toy, he just wants to move on to a new one and DUMP the old screwed up 750 on some poor bastard via CycleTrader. Lousy, lying, high-brow, ivory-tower academician that just wants the fastest possible toy without learning to ride it, learning to fix it, earning it through an increasing skill level, or relying on his own opinion.

Way to let the masses of sheep dictate how the river or your life will flow, Junior. Call me when you're trying to decide on the red stitches or the blue ones after you highside your new toy to the frockin' moon.

-----------------------------
:devil

/always take with a grain of salt.
//busas scare me, but have fun
Damn, that was a well thought out flame.

djt, I think you need to sit on different bikes checking ergos until you find one that seems right. Busa, VFR, ZX12 (?), SV1000 (with aftermarket seat), BMW, or ? might be to your liking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
djt81185 said:
So i want to get rid of my '86 GSXR 750 and get a 99 busa. I have a full set of safety gear and have been riding for about 8 months. I want something that is less sporty, but still sporting and newer and more reliable (oil leaks are a pain), and comfortable on long rides. I've riden the busa and though it was quite comfortbale for my 6'1" frame and 320 lb weight. Any opinions?

Dan

Keep teh 86 it is a classic and get the busa too :leghump
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top