Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AHAMAY is going to hopefully release the FJ-09 soon, a sport touring model of the now famous FZ-09.
Rumor is it will have the triple cylinder motor from the FZ-09 with a slightly different MAP, more body work (fairing), has passed Cal Emissions and hopefully will be announced soon for the 2015 lineup.

The FJ-09 is coming!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hopefully it's better then the unfinished jerky as hell FZ09
AHAMAY seems to have that worked out.
Do you have AHAMAY? It seems that complaint is usual among rookie riders and AHAMAY's ETC, my FZ6R does it and is manageable, I could see where rookie riders would have a problem with it.
ETC is like a on/off switch, seems AHAMAY didn't give them enough Deceleration Fuel Cut Off or DFCO.
Oh to lessen the effect I took out all the slack on the throttle cable, made a huge difference, I have never ran a bike with slack in the throttle cable, clutch, but not throttle, comes from racing I guess.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Nope, I had an 09 FZ1 for a few years. The FZ09 looks and feels like an unfinished project. It's a shame because it has lots of potential, but the execution just misses the mark. The FZ07 is leaps and bounds better in every way. I was amazed at how bad the fueling is on the 09.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
drummer92 that SV650S is such a feared bike I am surprised you can hold on to it when you start it up, must instill fear in the hearts of all 3 year old's on tricycles near you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nope, I had an 09 FZ1 for a few years. The FZ09 looks and feels like an unfinished project. It's a shame because it has lots of potential, but the execution just misses the mark. The FZ07 is leaps and bounds better in every way. I was amazed at how bad the fueling is on the 09.
Funny I am a member of the FZ-09 forum and for the first few months it was the chain tensioner that was a problem and AHAMAY was alerted and started providing a fix for them.

A fix -- Factory Flash info
Like I said AHAMAY is on it and has a fix.

I suppose the first run of bikes is normal for flaws, always makes me say wait for the second or third production run, don't be a beta tester for a large company on your own dime.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I just rode one right off the Yamaha factory truck last month so I'm assuming it had all the latest updates.

I spent a lot of time on an FZ07 recently, Yamaha hit the nail on the head with that bike, but how good the 07 is really highlights how bad the 09 is. I don't doubt Yamaha will sort it out, the 2nd gen FZ1 had similar issues it's first 2 years before they fixed it, but right now the 09 feels unfinished. And with that horrible tail light it looks unfinished.

And why the fuck do you keep spelling Yamaha backwards?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
And why the fuck do you keep spelling Yamaha backwards?
Does it bother you so much?
I have a AHAMAY shirt and was standing in front of the mirror and noticed YAMAHA backwards is AHAMAY, my wife is Choctaw and her native language is funny sounding so I said maybe AHAMAY would fit right in. Satisfied now?
I am actually going to make up some shirts for myself with YAMAHA backwards so it will look correct in cagers mirrors.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
drummer92 that SV650S is such a feared bike I am surprised you can hold on to it when you start it up, must instill fear in the hearts of all 3 year old's on tricycles near you.
SV650 has more balls your castrated FZ6R. I bet you feel like a badass knowing you have the lowest bike in the AHAMAY line up. His bike in the picture isn't an SV650 either, it's a Street Triple R.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts