Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
I'd be surprised if this clears the various anti-trust laws in the relevant countries. InBev (owner of AB) is Belgium and SAB Miller is English. Not sure how international anti-trust works, but AB-InBev didn't have an easy time purchasing Grupo Modelo if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
luckily I drink none of those.

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
eh, fizzy yellow beer has it's place. it's hard to drink heavy high ABV micro's all day long when you're doing yard work, playing softball, etc. on a hot day. otherwises, yeah, i'll stick to the local micros, preferably and IPA any other time.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
luckily I drink none of those.
You'd be surprised.

Who Really Owns Your Craft Beer? - TIME

They have a habit of purchasing up the popular little guys and throwing just stupid money at them.Goose island purchase was a big deal. It's frustrating too because it really is such a damn good beer. Most people don't know.

Here's hoping that stone, sam adams, and DFH never sell out.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
eh, fizzy yellow beer has it's place. it's hard to drink heavy high ABV micro's all day long when you're doing yard work, playing softball, etc. on a hot day. otherwises, yeah, i'll stick to the local micros, preferably and IPA any other time.
Look for anything sessionable. Stone has their Go To IPA which is tasty but low ABV, and even Lagunitas has their daytime ale which are both low 4%. Taste wise you'd never know it. Good stuff.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
This.

I've been a homebrewer for years. I do all-grain brewing, and enjoy making ridiculously high gravity, high hops IIPAs, heavy stouts, and many other non-fizzy yellow beers. I also love microbrews, and touring local and semi-local microbreweries. However, I still buy Miller lite and the like and love drinking it, because it does have its place.

You'd be surprised.

Who Really Owns Your Craft Beer? - TIME

They have a habit of purchasing up the popular little guys and throwing just stupid money at them.Goose island purchase was a big deal. It's frustrating too because it really is such a damn good beer. Most people don't know.

Here's hoping that stone, sam adams, and DFH never sell out.
Blech! Goose Island beers are some of the worst I've ever had. No way I'd include them with breweries such as Stone, Dogfishhead, or Sam Adams.

YMMV, of course!

And I'm currently drinking (well not right now, but what's in my fridge) Sam Adams Oktoberfest. I've yet to find an Oktoberfest that beats Sam Adams. Yummy!

This truly is a magical time of year. Oktoberfest beers and football season!!!!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I like goose island. I can't stand miller for some reason. Except fortune. That and Platinum are good for getting hammered quick

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Blech! Goose Island beers are some of the worst I've ever had. No way I'd include them with breweries such as Stone, Dogfishhead, or Sam Adams.

YMMV, of course!

And I'm currently drinking (well not right now, but what's in my fridge) Sam Adams Oktoberfest. I've yet to find an Oktoberfest that beats Sam Adams. Yummy!

This truly is a magical time of year. Oktoberfest beers and football season!!!!
GI IPA is decent. It's nothing mind blowing but for the style it holds its own.

Stone, DFH and Sam are what I consider the most prominent micros and likely the first foray most people have beyond the big 3.

Spaten Oktoberfest kinda guy here. But to be perfectly honest once you have that style you've kinda tasted em all.

I have a Pliny clone I'm about to cold crash and bottle up next week. Whatcha got fermenting? I need to get a good smokey oakey porter rolling for winter/christmas.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
GI IPA is decent. It's nothing mind blowing but for the style it holds its own.

Stone, DFH and Sam are what I consider the most prominent micros and likely the first foray most people have beyond the big 3.

Spaten Oktoberfest kinda guy here. But to be perfectly honest once you have that style you've kinda tasted em all.

I have a Pliny clone I'm about to cold crash and bottle up next week. Whatcha got fermenting? I need to get a good smokey oakey porter rolling for winter/christmas.
LOL. I actually think their IPA is their worst offering... But different strokes for different folks!

I LOVE Oktoberfests. I think each has their own taste, but since this is one of my favorite styles, I'm probably more apt to pick up on the subtle differences. Give me a kolsch and I'll tell you they all taste the same (not a big fan of these).

I've got a session cream ale, an original recipe IIPA, and an 8 month saison that's ready for kegging. Two of my kegs are empty, and the other has about a gallon of an original recipe chocolate oatmeal stout. I need to do another brew day soon. My pipeline is running dry!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
LOL. I actually think their IPA is their worst offering... But different strokes for different folks!

I LOVE Oktoberfests. I think each has their own taste, but since this is one of my favorite styles, I'm probably more apt to pick up on the subtle differences. Give me a kolsch and I'll tell you they all taste the same (not a big fan of these).

I've got a session cream ale, an original recipe IIPA, and an 8 month saison that's ready for kegging. Two of my kegs are empty, and the other has about a gallon of an original recipe chocolate oatmeal stout. I need to do another brew day soon. My pipeline is running dry!
I knew there was a reason I liked ya! I guess Oktoberfests I just can't get into that much. I don't hate them that's for damn sure. I would say oversaturated is belgian strong ales. I really have yet to taste one that didn't taste JUST like the last one. But quite frankly after 2 of em, that's really all ya need. :D

I got a red ale conditioning, a vanilla milk (lactose really) stout aging out, home recipe IPA that I tweak on here and there sitting in the fridge ready to go, and I need something soon to make myself. I miss that malt smell in my kitchen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts