Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We in Austin have been blessed with sunny (and downright hot) weather so I been commuting almost daily. Thought I would leave this bike totally stock

But no, had to order the Corbin. While I wait, I notice that the stock seat is actually breaking in nicely. Will the Corbin really make that much of a difference?

So, for all of those who are thinking of buying an FZ-6

Conclusions:
-Great highway commuter (with earplugs)
-Dont even try to 2-up (almost ended in disaster last weekend)
-Invest in a Scorpio alarm (and have the dealer install it. Trust me) for no other reason that it looks cool when you arm it in public
-Impossible to resist adding accessories (Blue sliders, tank slapper, tailbag on the way ) :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
taurus574 said:
DUDE, what happenned?
I had my girl in the back at an intersection that was realy steep and up to the right. Well, I somehow didn't get enough torque and we tipped to the right side. She jumped off and helped me catch the bike in time. The right foot peg and brake hit the pavement, thats all. On my cruiser, (which is a lot heavier), I would have been able to catch myself in time given its lower seat and center of gravity.

·
Registered
32 Posts
RebelFZ6 said:
I had my girl in the back at an intersection that was realy steep and up to the right. Well, I somehow didn't get enough torque and we tipped to the right side. She jumped off and helped me catch the bike in time. The right foot peg and brake hit the pavement, thats all. On my cruiser, (which is a lot heavier), I would have been able to catch myself in time given its lower seat and center of gravity.
If you don't mind a somewhat personal question, do you have much clearance on the seat when you are standing. I'm 6' so I have plenty of reach and I've never had any trouble riding two up. I can definitley imagine how it would be tough on a side-slanted street if you were a little shorter though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts