Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off the vinyl and used my dremel so sand out the seat bottom so the seat does not push me towards the tank. I aslo moved the back support towards the back to give the seat more room. The dremel worked great. I found some upolstry that lookes like carbon fiber and re uphostered the sweat. It looks pretty cool! I am waiting for tempurpedic memory foam to insert into the seat it should be here on tuesday. I'll post pics when its all finished. My butt is going to thank me. Total cost... foam $25 cloth $3

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Nice. I can't wait to see the final results. If you're willing to divulge where you obtained the carbon fiber-like upholstery and the memory foam, I'd be much obliged. I'm thinking of doing the gel seat with mine but if the memory foam is better, then I'll have to change my plan of attack.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Thanks Brian. It looks like I'm going to have to hang with the little old ladies for a bit this weekend at the local house of fabrics while I choose the seat cover I want.

·
Registered
858 Posts
You guys could always try asking the folks at the auto upholstery shop if they have any left over scrap pieces of stuff, bet you could get it cheap.
Just a thought if your looking for ideas.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts