Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
kind of cool having the very first one...that was a bad time for japan inc. as far as colors and graphics go though...

·
Registered
65 Posts
This may be the first "production" bike off the line, but I guarantee it was not the first one built. The first ones are used to proof the processes and are used as test mules. I was down at MMI in Phoenix a few years back and they get quite a few of these preproduction bikes. They had a whole line of Honda CBX bikes. Serial numbers ######001, 002, 003... Doubtful this one will have much collector value though... Unless it was a winning race bike or owned by someone famous, there just isn't all that much special about it..

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Im with Fred on this one :)

Just becuase it was close to being the first.. or whatever.. doesnt make it a collectors item.. unless someone really loves Yamaha or the YZF.

Remember.. its only a collectors item when someone wants to buy it for that reason.. and I cant think of one reason why anyone would want that specific bike as a collectors item..

Hell now keep any bike for 100 years and see if its a collectors item is a different story. like the old Army motorcycles.. now your talking a collectors item..

But this bike is just some ratty old YZF that no one really wants besides a beginner bike :).. I would say good price for 3000.. but i wouldnt expect it to EARN money :)

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Squid Killer said:
I sold one numbered 000666. So is that the bike of the Beast?
No it just means your going to burn in hell thats all.. Nothing to worry about :biggrinag

·
Registered
646 Posts
i dont see it myself. its just another bike. I agree though. Keep this bike in perfect condition unti 2095 and you may have a collectors bike...

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont want it but i just thought id put it in here i already got one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts