Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
headed to deals gap on monday. any advice you can offer up this newb. very excited at going, have seen soooo many videos of deals gap. but i definetly dont want to end up another statistic or having to leave something for the tree of shame.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
w/ the tales you have.........GO REALLY SLOW.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Ride within your abilites and NEVER try to keep up with or impress anyone else. I don't care how fast you are (or think you are) there are many who are faster. Many of the locals down there know every curve...you are NOT going to impress anyone with your amazing speed, so don't try. I ride the gap hard enough to be exciting, but not hard enough to be scary. Use that as guideline.
Also, ride it easy the first time. You'll want to make sure there is no oil/broken pavement/cops etc on the road. It's also much more technical and twisty than you can imagine, even after seeing videos of it...they just don't do it justice. So take a scouting run first before you even think of turning up the wick.
I've ridden the gap probably 30 times, which isn't a lot compared to those who live near it, and I still take it easy the first time through to get reaquainted with the dragon.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Go slow, like Racer said; if you feel tired, pull over. Considering I work out and lift weights, my arms started to feel like mush after about 15 minutes of left, right, left, right turns!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts