Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off I am perfectly fine no road rash at all. Second the bike is not all that bad besides the right side muffler is a bit scratched. front crowl, fender, and lower crowl got scratched up but I am getting the bike repainted for 300$ CDN which is really cheap.

So now here is what happend... When out for a small ride on some twisty roads doing no more then 80 kmh at any given time and most turns still in first. But got a little to much on the trottle on one sharper turn and couldn't get the bike to turn felt like the front end was a bit light. Got to close to the side of the road which had a little curb which then led to a grass patch.

Front tire grabed and almost immediately tossed the bike down and tossed me off to the grass where I slide for about 5 feet then got up with not even a scratch (thx to the biker gods). bike slide for maybe 4 feet on the right side. Picked it up and observed the dmgs to find nothing serious not even a crack (thx to biker gods a second time).

Decided to get the bike repainted from its stock color to a high gloss black and hopefully I won't go down again for a bit...

Only 2500km on the bike LOL. But at least I now know not to hit the gas to hard to early in the twisties. Maybe if I gave a little more lean I coulda got away from that fall but I have to wait till monday before I go back for another go at it.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Well, I'm glad your ok!! that's all that matters.

Oh and welcome to the club of dumping your baby! :twofinger

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it coulda been ALOT worse and I am soo thankful that me and my bike walked away barely hurt.

Once I get my pieces back ( hopefully monday ) I will save up for my new Hindle exhaust which is going to run me 1100CDN with jet kit and K&N filter. Then my bike will be spanking new again.

·
Registered
152 Posts
ouch man. good thing you're alright. i've only had one situation in the twisties where i almost ate it. i had the stock rearsets on my f4i at this time & that was really limiting my speed. usually they would just scrape & sparks galore. but a couple of times it caught and the bike kinda yawed. and i'm talking like 70 mph in the apex. i had to pick it up a little and shed some speed/lean and went into the oncoming lane!! thank god no one was there. after the second time it did that. i just calmed down and the 1st thing on my to do list when i got back was fully adjustable rearsets. no more bitch peg feelers!!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Damn dude, at least its a 500R instead of some hardcore 600SS bike.

My suggestion? Change gears. If you're in a gear where it will really take weight off of the front when you give it gas, then shift up one or two. When you upset the suspension that much, t hings go wrong, like they did today. I guess another thing to consider is being REALLY light on the gas if you use it in a turn haha.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sorry to hear that you went down but at least you are alright and the bike is not too bad off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts